“No flavor and order wrong”

Papaleno's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I have never seen a New York style crust that was less than 1/8" thick. I ordered a small and they delivered a large. I took it and didn't complain but did mention it. Now as I am eating I really wish I had complained. It has absolutely NO flavor. I had to make sure I was eating the pizza and not the box. The delivery driver was very nice other wise they would have gotten a much worse score. I said average for the atmosphere because I didn't see the place. It's probably a good thing I didn't. I hate leaving bad or average reviews for locally owned businesses but it's hard to find one that deserves anything more than average at best.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Worth the stop just to try the DELICIOUS home baked garlic/butter coated bread! An obvious favorite with the locals!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I went by Papa Lenos after a medical appointment and picked up food and took it home. My wife loved the meatball sub and I had the Mountaineer Pizza.both were very good and tasty. The prices are very reasonable. We have eaten there 4 or so times before. Then I liked the chicken stir fry. There was enough for two meals. The restaurant is in downtown Berea and across the street from Berea College. Service is so so. You go up and order at the counter and they bring the food to you. They have recently expanded their dining area. I call it a college hangout but locals and visitors like it too.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Papa Leno's was the only place open for dinner after 8 pm in Berea. The prices are excellent and food was fine, but not memorable.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have had meals here over the past two decades and enjoyed every one of them. Not to be missed!

Going in on a Friday or Saturday you need to understand you will need to wait a little while in line for a table. This is the only gig going in a college town setting, not fine dining. Get a menu, snag a table (even if it means laying in wait and sitting at one that not bussed).

The pizza is to die for, the garlic stick is even better. Order a Mountaineer and relax, you will not be disappointed.

This visit was a little disjointed, took a while to get to the table and was wonderful none the less.

All I would say is they need to make sure the servers identify tables that need to be cleared and get them taken care of timely. I can only imagine part of this goes to the servers not 'owning' a set of tables for a shift and getting tips on them.

Been to Papaleno's Restaurant? Share your experiences!