“Away from the noise of the Interstate! - But a dry county!”

Red Roof Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Columbus, Oh
“Away from the noise of the Interstate! - But a dry county!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We got lucky and were able to book a last minute one-bedroom suite here. We had checked into a hotel right next to I-75 and were dreading the noise that night. We were eating at the Smokehouse and looking at the Country Inn sitting *waaaaay* far back from the Interstate. We got lucky and were able to switch.

The Country Inn is very pretty. Lobby is distinctive with a country feel. Great staff! Fun to talk to and did everything they could for us. The bedroom in our suite was huge! And you did not hear the Interstate at all! But the entry room was small, and across from the pop machine and ice machine which was *loud*. It was a friday night and we heard a small herd of children playing/laughing/thumping around until after midnight. We ended up putting the sofa bed mattress in the bedroom with da boy sleeping on it. With the front door closed, and the bedroom door closed it was nice and quiet.

Comfortable bed, quiet room (after some improvising), good shower, hot water, fridge. We don't need much more for a one night stay. Breakfast is nothing special.

Be aware tho, it's a dry county. You're not going to have beer/wine/booze with dinner in the area or find a carryout to bring anything back. Also some rooms are smoking allowed (surprised us!) if you want a non-smoking room better specify it!

Recommended. Try it.

Room Tip: Get top floor, definately away from ice machines. Probably away from elevators. Specify non-smoking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank UsuallyNotGrumpy
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear UsuallyNotGrumpy, I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Berea.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bloomfield Township, Michigan
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a convenient roadside hotel for those traveling on I75. It has the usual features provided by Country Inn and Suites: fairly large, clean rooms, a decent breakfast including some hot items, additional amenities such as a swimming pool. The rates are competitive and Carlson Hotels (the parent company) frequently offers specials on their website which reduce the rates by 25% or more. When these specials are available the participating Country Inns are real values for those able to make reservations well in advance. There are, however, a couple of cautions with this particular property. One is that it is located in a dry county (Kentucky has these) so if you would like a beer or wine with you dinner, you will find it preferable to continue down the road to the next town located in a county that does not have such restrictions. The other issues: 1) The thick inner lining on the curtains in my room had been cut away making it impossible to block out the strong lights from the parking lot. The person at the desk very kindly changed my room. However, the TV in the new room did not work. The desk person mentioned that problems with the TVs were common and I did not ask to change rooms again. In addition, the WiFi internet service throughout the hotel was down. Evidently this also was a frequent issue. They said that an IT specialist had been called, but obviously this did not fix the problem that all the guest experienced that night. So the conclusion is that this is an ok place to stay, but beforehand it would be worth checking to make sure that the TVs and internet are working and that the curtains in your room are functional.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor and away from the elevator and ice machine (for quiet).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear AMS48301, I am very sorry to hear that you had a problem with our Internet and TVs. Technical difficulties can and do happen and often take time to remedy. I am happy to report that we have both fixed at this time. We wish you the best and hope to see you again in your travels!
Sauble Beach
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel 3x when travelling between Ontario and Florida. Staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are large with chesterfield and frig. Quiet and clean. Breakfast was great offered lots of variety. Easy access to I-75. CrackerBarrel is located one exit south. Internet is available and I had no problems getting online. I will stay here every time I make the drive to Florida.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ackack, I am very pleased you enjoy your stays at our property! We hope to see you on your next trip to Florida.
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were so pleased with our arrival at the Country Inn & Suites in Berea, KY. After being in the car for 12 hours with two children, I walked in to check in and the person on duty greeted me with a warm smile and already had our keys ready and all of our paperwork printed. It took less than one minute to complete the check in process. She also helped us find a place to get dinner, which was fabulous! Our room was VERY clean. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Next time, I would request a room that is not near the stairway, as we could hear the door to the st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed January 29, 2013

After an ice storm covered the area the day of our arrival, we were unable to drive up hillside driveway, so when I called the front desk, they directed us to the back street access road, which had been salted. Then Missy helped my husband spread rock salt so our tires has enough traction to maneuver in the parking lot, which was also coated in ice. The girls could not even drive home since their roads were also ice covered. With the bad weather there were not many guests, so we had the hotel almost to ourselves.

We only stayed the weekend, but the beds were comfortable and this hotel is conveniently located to access both the KY Artisan Center and Old Town.

The breakfast is just OK .... not served on china which is disappointing. Styrofoam is sooo unhealthy, especially if used in a microwave. The food offered was fresh and appealing though.

Room Tip: 3 floors with elevator... no room noise as is located far enough off the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Belle Center, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Located in a country setting, this hotel is on a scenic hilltop and away from traffic, but has easy access to I-75. My suite was huge, with ample room for 2 adults and 4 small dogs. We had easy access to a low-traffic, enormous walking area for the dogs. The indoor heated pool was warm and clean, and I had it all to myself. Even though the breakfast had bacon burned to a black crisp, I would stay here again, and recommend to families and pet owners.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two consecutive nights twice this month, one week apart. I don't think we will stay there again even if the people we gather with in Berea chose to stay there again next time again. The room, lobby, staff, were all great but the breakfast was the problem. There was no juice, only a juice dispensing machine with "out of order" signs taped to it, the first two mornings we stayed, and someone else in our group, who had been there for several days before us, told us it was like that the whole time they had been there. One of the two mornings on our first stay there was no cereal. There was never any yogurt. One week later we were back and the first morning the same two "out of order" signs were still there on the juice machine. This time the cereal had been put out but the milk dispenser was not working. It had a sign saying to open it to get milk. Inside was a plastic gallon milk jug with a little bit of milk in it. There was no yogurt. The second morning, however, both the juice dispenser (finally) and the milk dispenser were working. But there still was no yogurt. One would think that they would have gone to the grocery during the several weeks the juice dispenser was "out of order" and bought juice for the guests but this, to my knowledge, never happened. We had stayed at this same hotel several times in the years past and never, ever had an issue with their breakfast.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dustyn W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Marcus 427, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel and its team for your unsatisfactory experience. Our breakfast has recently undergone some changes; including switching vendors. You stayed with us during this transition period.

Again please accept my apologies and I hope the remainder of your trip was enjoyable.

Travelers are raving about these Berea hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 14 in Richmond
National Heritage Inn and Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!