“Spacious room, and pet-friendly”

Red Roof Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Belle Center, Ohio
“Spacious room, and pet-friendly”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Located in a country setting, this hotel is on a scenic hilltop and away from traffic, but has easy access to I-75. My suite was huge, with ample room for 2 adults and 4 small dogs. We had easy access to a low-traffic, enormous walking area for the dogs. The indoor heated pool was warm and clean, and I had it all to myself. Even though the breakfast had bacon burned to a black crisp, I would stay here again, and recommend to families and pet owners.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two consecutive nights twice this month, one week apart. I don't think we will stay there again even if the people we gather with in Berea chose to stay there again next time again. The room, lobby, staff, were all great but the breakfast was the problem. There was no juice, only a juice dispensing machine with "out of order" signs taped to it, the first two mornings we stayed, and someone else in our group, who had been there for several days before us, told us it was like that the whole time they had been there. One of the two mornings on our first stay there was no cereal. There was never any yogurt. One week later we were back and the first morning the same two "out of order" signs were still there on the juice machine. This time the cereal had been put out but the milk dispenser was not working. It had a sign saying to open it to get milk. Inside was a plastic gallon milk jug with a little bit of milk in it. There was no yogurt. The second morning, however, both the juice dispenser (finally) and the milk dispenser were working. But there still was no yogurt. One would think that they would have gone to the grocery during the several weeks the juice dispenser was "out of order" and bought juice for the guests but this, to my knowledge, never happened. We had stayed at this same hotel several times in the years past and never, ever had an issue with their breakfast.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dustyn W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Marcus 427, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel and its team for your unsatisfactory experience. Our breakfast has recently undergone some changes; including switching vendors. You stayed with us during this transition period.

Again please accept my apologies and I hope the remainder of your trip was enjoyable.
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent a single night here, needing an inexpensive and easy stopover on a road trip from Ohio to the Carolinas. Access to the hotel is easy from I-75, and check-in was quick and efficient. Our king room was spacious. While the carpeting, furniture surfaces and bathroom seemed clean, the painted doors and woodwork in the room were covered with grime and lots of dark handprints and smudges, making me wonder just how thoroughly the room was really cleaned. The included breakfast offered a fairly large variety of choices, but is not going to win any culinary awards. And while the hotel's location was fine for our quick stay, this particular exit has next to no dining options (a Subway located in a gas station, and a pizza place appeared to be it), which may not suit some travelers.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ohiotravelchick
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 21, 2012

No juice at breakfast. Just out of order signes staff should be sent to the store. Also no cerial. Behind nightstand in room was not vacuumed in weeks. Soap Scum layered on all walls of shower. Lobby floor poorly maintained. No do not disturbe signs in room. Check out time says 11am at the front desk, behind door in room it says 12pm. Guest use computer can not print boarding passes or directions so what is the point? Front desk was very attentive.

• Stayed November 2012
Shelbyville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay at the Country Inn & Suites. The staff was very nice as was the room. The hotel was very clean and has several amenities to offer its guests. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel for a night while passing through the area. Our room was clean and nice. The clerk that checked us in was friendly and helpful. It was inexpensive and perfect for one night.

• Stayed July 2012
Grand Blanc MI
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I will look for other lodging when I travel to this general area. I will only stay here if necessary, even if I have Carlson points.
The reasons to look for others: First floor ice machine was broken and the only way to get ice is to go to the smoking floor which causes me to have an asthma attack. Room had an odor like mildew or something that affected my lungs. CI&S owner would not speak to me about guest who came in at 3:30am and kept slamming doors. The owner was in the hotel for a meeting and I even thought it was him who entered so late because the side door key lock wouldn’t work, yet this loud guest got in. (The manager was off for two days and no one was in charge, except the owner was on site and offered no assistance to his paying guest.) Ken at the front desk was nice, but anyone arriving at a hotel so late should be warned to be quiet and not wake up other guests. In addition, too many items were out of order for too long according to reviews and my personal experience. Breakfast was poor compared to other locations. Fridge can be rented for $6.00 a night. (Usually this is part of the room without charge.)

Good: Staff is friendly and accommodating. This does not make up for an owner who does not offer customer service but expects his staff to. (Lead by example even if you own a business.) Location is close to highway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank gwkelley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
#6 of 14 in Richmond
Best Western Richmond Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!