“Another family tradition”

Boone Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boone Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 Main Street N.
Reviewed March 15, 2010

If you don't know what Spoon Bread is, you will after this visit. Wonderful, well maintained hotel with small rooms, all of which have been slept in by someone famous.

There are newer reviews for Boone Tavern Restaurant

Reviewed March 4, 2010

A nice place just a few minutes off I75 - definitely better than chain fare. Food was very good, although not cheap. Service was a bit slow and I was a little disappointed in the decor.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

My first trip here was as a child, it was my first trip back since a bad experience about 15 years ago. The menu has become more contemporary and wonderful. I had the Scallops for dinner, the best I have ever had.

1  Thank Lexgoats
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Our entire dining experience at this restaurant was very pleasant. The dining room is spacious and nicely decorated. Our soup and appetizers were great. The main course was good. The service was excellent.
One thing to note is that alcohol is not served in this restaurant which seems ironic because it is called a tavern.

1  Thank R_LOntario
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This is our 2nd visit. Our first visit was excellent, in terms of service/atmosphere/FOOD. We had the Bird's Nest the first visit, and we both had it again this time around. However, the food arrived semi-cold. The portions seem much smaller. My dinner had very little mashed potatoes, while my DH had plenty. The spoon bread was quite watery. Salads were very good. The atmosphere was just as lovely and the service was just as good as the first visit. I hate to give it an average rating. The remodeling done to the restaurant and hotel is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. We hope to stay at the hotel one of these fine days on a future trip. I think I would eat at the restaurant again, but I would order something else.

5  Thank tymetraveler222