“Table for six old friends”

Boone Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boone Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 Main Street N.
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal with pork chop done the tricky way encrusted with Parmesan cheese and breading atop salt pork seasoned greens and delicious cheese grits. That feast of a meal followed two helpings of spoon bread, an asparagus salad with orange dressing and crispy fried green tomatoes. Everyone had something different and all were pleased.

1  Thank rogersober

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very classy place to dine. Linens, tablecloths, nice china and the look of a high end restaurant. My wife and I occasionally dine here for the Sunday brunch. We drive over an hour to eat here. We really enjoy the standard Sunday brunch, but we were somewhat disappointed in the Easter Brunch. I was expecting a Wow meal, but I think they fell short. The service and atmosphere were excellent as usual. They fell short by not having the traditional brunch breakfast choices such as, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc.. I liked the shrimp cocktail and prime rib, but for the price I felt they should have stayed with the traditional brunch they serve plus the additional items for the Easter Brunch. We will go back and we did enjoy the meal.

1  Thank Corvette1871
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The food was excellent for the most part. My two children and I loved the spoonbread, my wife was a little disappointed with the quality of the Salad for the price were were supposed to pay. When the bill came I realized that we didn't have enough funds to cover all four of us( ouch ) . Luckily the management was sympathetic and let me work off the remainder of the bill. ( I didn't have to wash dishes or anything) but I did run a few errands and since I am an assistant plumber by trade, I corrected a backflow Why are public pension funds even allowed to invest public money in the stock market? In the years that they lose they just raise taxes to cover their losses. This is another fraud perpetrated on people.problem in the rear water closet of the main dining room.
Definetly a memorable experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Boone Tavern is a beautiful landmark but the restaurant? I live in the area and have eaten there twice now and both times I was disappointed. Over priced, food average.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked at the Boone Tavern Hotel for the night thinking we would enjoy a lovely dinner in the dining room. Unfortunately, the hotel had a wedding going on Saturday evening and the wedding guests took over the dining room and much of the reception area. We were served dinner in a meeting room on the main floor; adequate, but not up to my expectations. And also, be aware that the hotel is 'dry' and diners cannot bring their own wine or alcohol in to the dining room either. There are ice machines on the upstairs floors if you want to have a drink in your room before dinner, though.

The next morning we tried again to eat in the dining room but after waiting five minutes at the dining room door, a hostess finally came up and told us they were uncommonly busy and that we would have to wait 20 minutes to be seated, so we went elsewhere. (We did enjoy our sleeping accommodations though, and will go back again because they were very comfortable.)

Been to Boone Tavern Restaurant? Share your experiences!