“Pretty good but maybe a bit too pricey for party of four.”

Boone Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boone Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 Main Street N.
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Pretty good but maybe a bit too pricey for party of four.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The food was excellent for the most part. My two children and I loved the spoonbread, my wife was a little disappointed with the quality of the Salad for the price were were supposed to pay. When the bill came I realized that we didn't have enough funds to cover all four of us( ouch ) . Luckily the management was sympathetic and let me work off the remainder of the bill. ( I didn't have to wash dishes or anything) but I did run a few errands and since I am an assistant plumber by trade, I corrected a backflow Why are public pension funds even allowed to invest public money in the stock market? In the years that they lose they just raise taxes to cover their losses. This is another fraud perpetrated on people.problem in the rear water closet of the main dining room.
Definetly a memorable experience.

Berea, Kentucky
“Not all that”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Boone Tavern is a beautiful landmark but the restaurant? I live in the area and have eaten there twice now and both times I was disappointed. Over priced, food average.

Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A little let down...”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked at the Boone Tavern Hotel for the night thinking we would enjoy a lovely dinner in the dining room. Unfortunately, the hotel had a wedding going on Saturday evening and the wedding guests took over the dining room and much of the reception area. We were served dinner in a meeting room on the main floor; adequate, but not up to my expectations. And also, be aware that the hotel is 'dry' and diners cannot bring their own wine or alcohol in to the dining room either. There are ice machines on the upstairs floors if you want to have a drink in your room before dinner, though.

The next morning we tried again to eat in the dining room but after waiting five minutes at the dining room door, a hostess finally came up and told us they were uncommonly busy and that we would have to wait 20 minutes to be seated, so we went elsewhere. (We did enjoy our sleeping accommodations though, and will go back again because they were very comfortable.)

Marco Island, Florida
“Not the greatest”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This place didn't meet our expectations after the reviews we read. I had personally visited and asked the hostess if reservations were required and was told "No". But when I returned an hour later and was told by her that there would be a delay in seating us because we didn't have reservations. The manager was told of the situation and attempted to correct it by advancing our seating and repeated that I should have made a reservation. The waiter was a polite and seemingly attentive person but his inexperience surfaced with several forgetful instances. The service scores only a 2. Two entrees and two out of four desserts were scratched from the menu as they weren't available. We went with the seared scallops which were enjoyable. So was the Sweet Carrot Soup but I would have like it somewhat warmer. Prices were consistent for a fine dining experience which this wasn't. We were staying in the hotel where this restaurant is located and it would have been more convenient to have returned for a second dinner but based on our first night's there we elected to go elsewhere.

Hilliard
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had breakfast here and ordered the breakfast sandwich on rye bread. The sandwich was excellent but the hash browns were practically burnt. Coffee was excellent. Service was excellent.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Boone Tavern Restaurant? Share your experiences!