“Good Food, Great Staff”

Boone Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boone Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 Main Street N.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Food, Great Staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our meal. We shared the tomato salad, pork chops and bread pudding. The servings were large enough to share. Our chops were moist and tender and the tomato salad was great! The bread pudding left me a little flat. It was not moist at all and didn't have much flavor. The meal came with spoon bread, their signature starter. I am not a fan of spoon bread, and theirs confirmed my opinion. My husband loves spoon bread and enjoyed his, though.

Visited October 2012

Dayton, Ohio
“A mixed review”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stopped for lunch as we were traveling through the area on the recommendation of a friend. The service was a quite slow, but our server was extremely friendly. The spoonbread was interesting, but none of us were big fans. We ordered the catfish with fries - delicious, the beer cheese chicken sandwich on a pretzel roll, tasty!, and a BLT, which was good. The freshly made blue cheese dressing on my salad was probably the best I have ever tasted. My tween got plain pasta with butter sauce from the children's menu, and the pasta was overcooked and gummy and she found it inedible.

The restaurant was beautiful and elegant. The prices reflected the environment, with our lunches with waters totaling $50.

• Visited November 2012
Waterloo
“Wonderful meal in elegant dining room”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Dining in the Boone Tavern Restaurant was like stepping back in time to an era of elegant, old world dining. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. The pan fried salmon melted in my mouth and the spoon bread was amazing. The fruit drinks were creative and tasty. We didn't miss the alcohol one bit. It was the best meal during our two week trip!

• Visited October 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“Very nice lunch while on a bus tour”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food and service were good. Nice atmosphere with students from Berea college doing most of the work.

• Visited September 2012
Monroe, Tennessee
“Good meal, waiter needed the night off”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We ate here while we in town for the Craft Festival. We all had something different and one of our party said his amberjack was fishy. I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly and had a great taste. I didn't want the cabbage and was given the kale. I would have liked a more common vegetable offered. The spoon bread is their specialty and we thought was a bit salty and butter was not served with it. One of the party members got it when he requested it. The waiter was visibly sick and needed the night off. He nose was running (grossly) and he kept apologizing. We felt sorry of him. We know they are students and have to work so many hours for their tuition obligation. We had reservations and were seated immediately!

Visited October 2012