“Somewhat overrated”

Boone Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boone Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 Main Street N.
Chicago, Illinois
“Somewhat overrated”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very slow service - probably supposed to be "genteel" - but food was good. Loved the spoon bread and the seconds on it.
From what we are used to, this tavern seemed a little old-fashioned and slow,too much for our taste.

• Visited September 2012

Little Rock, AR
“Give it a try”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The first time I tried to eat here was a Sunday evening and the place was nearly empty but I waited a long time to be seated and then no one spoke to me at the table, so I left. The next day I tried again at lunch and it was everything the first try lacked. Also, the lunch menu has much more variety than the dinner. I'm glad I gave the students who work here a second chance. My food was very good. FYI no alcohol in Berea.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent menu”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wonderful meals that were thoughtfully presented and composed of many local items. Staff very friendly and made up of Berea College students. Excellent breakfasts and dinners.

Bradenton, Florida
“Still a great meal”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped in Berea for a weekday lunch, it had been about 5 years since we had been to the restaurant. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I find I agree 100%, it is a great place to visit and eat a meal. We both had salads, they were fresh, crisp and nicely presented. Our server, Aaron, was pleasant, capable and polite. He served us quickly and correctly, he didn't ask who had what, he knew. If you are looking for a fresh dinning experience stop at Boone Tavern.

• Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Decent weekend breakfast, but not spectacular”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Service was excellent, but the breakfast was just okay for the price. It's standard breakfast fare ... Could likely eat just as well, and more cheaply, elsewhere.

Visited September 2012

Been to Boone Tavern Restaurant? Share your experiences!