“I LOVE THIS PLACE”

Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Berea
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped here (with a tour group) on our way down to Tennessee and on our way back. Firstly, they have a FANTASTIC little cafe with many different food options and to my surprise... the food options were quite affordable AND delicious. There were so many sandwiches, soup, salad bar, hot food (assuming it varies) dessert, drink options that EVERYONE was able to find something even our people with gluten and dairy allergies. Additionally, if you are a group leader, you can get a free meal at the front check in desk when you provide information about your group. What a fantastic and nice touch! There is an outdoor eating area which looked really nice (it was a bit chilly when we were there so we weren't able to take advantage)

They have SO MANY beautiful items made in Kentucky for sale. Many artists have pottery, jewelry, paintings, candles, metal works... you name it and it is probably there. The items in the artistry area are more expensive (but you would expect this I think because most are handmade) but definitely worth looking at, even if you don't purchase! To be honest... I didn't buy a single item in Tennessee but I bought a lovely jewelry holder from this place and wanted to buy so much more.

Their restrooms are very clean and spacious, so even if you just need to use those... worth the stop!

Wheelchair friendly as well and a VERY friendly staff.

I will be stopping again!

1  Thank Emma N

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is easy- I agree with other reviewers. Make time to visit this center. It was my first stop in Berea and I purchased an amazing hardwood Christmas tree originally carved/sculpted by an elderly Elliot County gentleman. His tree was saved and displayed each year for his family's Christmas. His oldest daughter inherited the family tree and is responsible for reviving the tradition which has flourished for 75 years.
The KY center is one of the top 25 arts destinations in US and showcases over 650 artists.

I enjoyed the spinach quiche and three bean salad in the cafe and then headed into the Old Town District for more arts and crafts and meeting the artists.

1  Thank pegina16
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lovely setting, nice selection of craft items, good restaurant. The docents are knowledgeable and very helpful

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Some of the nations best artisans have work for sale there - no need to feel pressured to buy but always fun to look at. Normally on Saturday mornings there will be a crafts person demonstrating their work. They have a cafeteria & clean restrooms. Locals will spend a nice afternoon there - if you are on the interstate, its a incredible "pit stop" spend as much or as little time as you prefer. Best part - free admission!

1  Thank Digger309
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We ended up parking closer to the geocache located here than to the bathrooms! We walked the Butterfly path and was nice to stretch our legs. The crafts were really nice as well. Plan to stop here!