“A Smallish Craft Facility With Some Nice Crafts in the Kentucky Region-Not Great.”

Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Berea
Long Branch, New Jersey, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The Kentucky Artisan Center. It's free!! Well it advertises itself as what appears to be a very large center filled with crafts of the region, but it's not large at all. It's about the size of four or five little stores in a mall, with a cafeteria restaurant to get a meal.

I drove 25 minutes from Lexington because I thought this was going to be a huge Artisan Center. I was disappointed. Maybe at other times of the year there are more artisans there, but the crafts I saw were only so so. Nothing particularly great and not enough to spend an afternoon at. Which was what I was hoping for. There are some nice things; cards, jewelry, paintings, quilts, sculptures, toys, soap, packaged foods, but, again, nothing that really impressed me. If you are driving to get somewhere and Berea is on your way, sure stop, have lunch, although don't get it at the Cafeteria at the Artisan Center. Yuck. Go elsewhere. My tuna fish sandwich was the worst I've ever eaten. It tasted sour. I don't know what I expected.

I'm not really going to recommend this place, I think there are better more interesting sights in Kentucky.

San Francisco, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“World class crafts in a superb setting”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Handcrafted items of all kinds, from glassware to linens, jewelry to fabric art, are thoughtfully displayed in a well-designed and light-filled space. There is absolutely no sense of shopping in a run-of-the-mill "gift shop"; a visit here is more like wandering through a museum full of treasures that are, happily, for sale at very reasonable prices. I have visited several "folk art" centers; this one is head and shoulders above the rest. Don't miss it!

Alpharetta, Georgia
588 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,021 helpful votes
“Interesting array of Creations all in One Place”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wide array of creations (photos, jewelry, books, crafts, sculpture, baskets, plus more) all in one place with an emphasis on local artisans. High quality. Priced fairly. Helpful staff. Interesting objects.

1 Thank Trek-Always
South Point
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Kentucky Crafts”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Kentucky made arts and crafts a beautiful place... Must visit... My 11 year old granddaughter loved it...We will visit again. Something for everyone. Located right off I-75...Easy to find.

Visited April 2013
Berkley, Michigan
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Work by some of the most talented artists in the world”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

It's almost overwhelming to see so much art under one roof! No matter what interests you, you will find it here: jewelry, pottery, fiber art, food, books, music, toys. I always look forward to stopping here, because I always find gifts for hard-to-buy-for friends and family. Bonuses here: nice restrooms, a cafe for a snack or light lunch and a huge travel information area.

Visited April 2013