“Excellent food and service, wonderful owner and staff”
Review of Wanpen Thai & Chinese - CLOSED

Wanpen Thai & Chinese
Cuisines: Asian
Milton, Kentucky
“Excellent food and service, wonderful owner and staff”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Wanpen is a great dining experience, not only because of the excellent food and service,
but the personal and friendly atmosphere that is set by the owner, Wanpen. A good place to get to know and visit - we have been there many times over the past three years.

Cincinnati, OH
“Really great mom 'n pop Thai/chinese restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Based on the excellent recommendations off TripAdvisor, we gave this place a shot while in Berea and were by no means disappointed. The curry (I had the red curry with pineapples, plus an extra helping of veggies) was exquisite -- nice slow burn and a rich coconut flavor, and my wife had the Super Noodles, which, per description, were really big noodles; also tasty. The service is a little slow, because there really is only one wait person; the owners are pretty much in the kitchen. Excellent value, and despite being in Wal*mart retail hell, is a real gem.

Somerset
“All Around Great Place”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

If you are ever in the Berea, KY area, please do yourself a favor and stop by Wan Pen. It is conveniently located right off of I-75, in front of the Super Wal-Mart.

The Thai & Chinese food are both excellent, as is the service at this restaurant. As stated in another review, this restaurant is owned by a wonderful lady by the same name - truly hospitable people run this restaurant. My personal favorites are the Chicken Pad Thai, Thai Spring Rolls, and Chicken Satay. I will be taking the nearly 45 minute drive many more times to eat at Wan Pen.

Bat Cave, NC
“Don't miss this!”
Reviewed November 25, 2007

This is by far, the best place to eat in Berea, and possibly the best Thai food anywhere.

Whether we're staying in Berea or just passing thru on I-75, we always make it a point to stop. Wonderful food and hospitality.

Berea, KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed October 17, 2007

I have lived in Berea quite a long time, and without even a very close second Wanpen's is my favorite restaurant here. The chef (Wanpen, herself) was schooled at the Royal Thai School of Culinary Arts, and you might guess this by the exquisite taste of the food served. Her Thai Spring Rolls and Pad Thai dishes are especially wonderful. She will assure you that she uses only the best of ingredients, so it is amazing that the food is so reasonably priced. This place is definately worth a stop if you are travelling nearby... Wanpan's is right off of I-75 (exit 76 in KY).

1 Thank taotedance