“Beyond Great”
Review of Wanpen Thai & Chinese - CLOSED

Wanpen Thai & Chinese
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Wanpen is Thai and Chinese food. It is sooooooooooo good. The egg rolls are excellant,,,,fresh and flaverful and just good. I eat lunch here a lot and can reccommend it to anyone that enjoys this type of food.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

After seeing this unassuming-looking restaurant several times when passing through Berea on the way to the Smoky Mountains but ending up going somewhere else nearby, I finally got a chance to try it. I'm glad I did.

The restaurant doesn't look impressive on the outside; at first glance, a traveler might expect a "takey-outey" type of place. Inside is a little better, with plenty of Thai tchotchkes on the walls and counters. I was seated and greeted by a pleasant Thai lady (who must have been the owner/namesake according to other reviews).

As I had already enjoyed Thai the day before, I opted for something on the Chinese side of the menu: Twice Cooked Tofu. A few minutes later, the meal was brought out on a raised, covered silver dish-- no styrofoam plates here! There was plenty to be had, so I got my fill. It was slightly more earthy than other Twice Cooked dishes I've had, but still quite enjoyable, and definitely higher than "fast food" quality in both taste and presentation.

Even better was the value. A ten-spot covered everything-- the meal, a pot of hot tea, and a decent tip.

Next time, I'm trying the Thai.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I Absolutely LOVE eating here! The food is so Wonderful and ALWAYS Fresh and very generous on portions!
The Owner, Wanpen, makes it even MORE of a delight to visit because she is so friendly and sweet.
Highly recommend this place.
Always so Clean and the environment is so nice and comfy!

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Wanpen is a great dining experience, not only because of the excellent food and service,
but the personal and friendly atmosphere that is set by the owner, Wanpen. A good place to get to know and visit - we have been there many times over the past three years.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Based on the excellent recommendations off TripAdvisor, we gave this place a shot while in Berea and were by no means disappointed. The curry (I had the red curry with pineapples, plus an extra helping of veggies) was exquisite -- nice slow burn and a rich coconut flavor, and my wife had the Super Noodles, which, per description, were really big noodles; also tasty. The service is a little slow, because there really is only one wait person; the owners are pretty much in the kitchen. Excellent value, and despite being in Wal*mart retail hell, is a real gem.