“Great Store”

Old Town Amish Store
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a bulk foods grocery with an Amish meat and cheese deli. We make hot and cold sandwiches on homemade bread, served up with homemade side items and hot soups. We also have a wide selection of homemade baked treats!
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I love to buy bulk spices, candies and beef jerky from this store. The fresh baked breads and variety of selection at the deli counter are the main reason I stop here. I could live off of the sandwiches but that wouldn't be exactly healthy lol! The staff is friendly and knowledgable and will try to help you any way they can. Depending on the season there is also a farmer's stand outside of the store as well with fresh produce and flowers. If you are traveling along I-75, make it a point to stop here!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I think my title tells the story. We were enroute from to Dayton and saw the sign for
the Amish Deli, thought we would give it a shot-----------very glad that we did. I had corned
beef on rye with a little mustard, my wife had the reuben sandwich, and both were nothing short of outstanding. Lived in White Plains, NY and northern NJ, and know a good deli sandwich when we have one, this place will be a regular stop for us from now on.

All the other items in the display case looked great also, so I suspect the other meats would be of the same quality. Total bill was only $9.50, and worth much more. At the cashier I made a comment 'our compliments to the chef', the lady said you just paid them yourself, he is standing right here with me. Amish family kind of place, legitimate and authenic, but in NY/NJ it would serve as 'The Deli '. Recommended

1  Thank cooger11
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Old Town Amish Store and Deli is located off I-75 at the primary Berea, KY exit.

Years ago, we carried a paperback book listing all of the “mom and pop” restaurants off I- 75 from Michigan to Florida. We hate fast foods joints that are branded, and are slowly updating I-75 “mom and pop” restaurants.

Old Town Amish Store and Deli provides the smells of fresh baked breads and slow smoked BBQ. They have a unique store featuring Amish country favorites, such as hand rolled butter, a diverse selection of cheese, and bulk foods galore.

In our view, Old Town Amish Store and Deli provides Amish foods; however, any store and deli open on Sunday is NOT Amish.

Expect an interesting deli providing a variety of sandwiches, soups, and salads. There is a real old fashioned kitchen with tables and chairs for the deli meal.

The store provides lots of Amish bulk goods, cheeses, breads, and a great variety of baked goods.

Allow between 15 minutes and an hour at the Old Town Amish Store and Deli, and know that this restaurant is ranked 2 of 41 restaurants in Berea.

3  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed April 6, 2014

When traveling I75 for miles you really don't need a huge meal but you are looking for a break to stretch your legs, disconnect from driving and have an enjoyable bite. This store and "deli" is great for that. Soup/chips and a sandwich are $5.50... Home made ...how can you go wrong?! A can of soda is $0.65... When is the last time you saw those prices? The Ruben seems to be the most common and most popular and very good. While waiting for your sandwich you can wander the aisles of snacks and fun munchies for the rest of your drive. Avoid the chain restaurants and enjoy something different

3  Thank Paul B
Reviewed March 4, 2014

So, I would not say that this is "Amish" as you would expect. It is basically a lot of bulk food and some "homemade" items such as breads that are not made with preservatives, local foods, etc. The deli sandwiches and soups are really tasty! You can get a sandwich/soup meal for about the price of a fast food meal or less and what a nice change! Several things that I haven't tried here, but I think you could definitely find something you like here.

2  Thank Traveler123434

Been to Old Town Amish Store? Share your experiences!