“A good buffet . . .”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 25, 2013

is hard to find but wonderful once it is located. The food is well prepared, fresh and the deserts! WOW!

There are newer reviews for Smokehouse Grill & Buffet

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Been here twice. Both times the food was awful. However, the staff is very friendly, but not enough to help food even mildly desirable. Also, buffet closed both times.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went for the all-you-can-eat ribs. In other words, the buffet. There were only a couple of cars in the lot when we got there which was ominous (the Back Porch, nearby, had a full lot). We were greeted promptly and told we could sit anywhere. We asked for the coolest spot and were taken into a room adjacent to the buffet (where everyone else was subsequently seated). It was definitely cooler there. The buffet suffers from a lack of signage. There were some items I couldn't identify. Also, why were there dinner items at the far end with the desserts? I didn't even see them until I was ready for dessert. In any event, I was there for ribs. They were good. I didn't have any that were fatty and the meat came right off the bone. The BBQ sauce was sweet-spicy. There was also a salad bar (lots of choices but I would have liked an additional lettuce other than just the iceberg). The mashed potatoes were real. In fact, I didn't taste anything that didn't taste home made. In addition to the ribs there was fried chicken and pulled pork. I saw food replaced (not just added to) several times - a sign of good management. We also ordered a side of fried green tomatoes because we'd heard they were good (none were on the buffet). They were delicious. Our waitress was friendly. We gathered from her and the woman at the register that business was slow because of the new competition. That might be true but putting out 2-for-1 coupons isn't going to improve the bottom line. You need to update the place. We saw people come in for the buffet with coupons who appeared to be regulars. If the food is that good why are you giving it away? You need to make the place more attractive to people. Because the food is good (what I had, anyway).

Reviewed July 21, 2013

my wife and i stopped in, decided to have the open face roast beef sandwich. it was just awful.
may have been worst meal ive ever had. it looked to me like they took two slices of old deli roast beef, microwaved it , put it on top of some bread, opened a can of brown gravy and poured over it.....yuck ! yuck! yuck!.....i took one bite of the roast beef, spit it back onto my plate, it was tough, chewy, it was just disgusting.
friday july 19,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

tryed to find something good. waitress tryed to over charge us for drinks. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Been to Smokehouse Grill & Buffet? Share your experiences!