“Incredible Work and People”

Tater Knob Pottery and Farm
Ranked #2 of 23 Shopping in Berea
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Sarah Culbreth brought us into her studio and showed us true hospitality. We were given refreshments and sat down to watch her work with the clay. She was able to interact with us and answer all of her questions while still working magic with the earth! All of her creations are amazing and it was completely worth the trip!

There are newer reviews for Tater Knob Pottery and Farm

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I visited with my friend in search of another artisan. We did not find him there, but we did not leave either because of the high quality of art that was available and mostly because of the amazing hospitality of Sarah Culberth, the artist.
She welcomed us into her pottery, told us to make ourselves comfortable then and offered us punch and some tasty fresh organic French roasted coffee. She then went on to engage us in the history of her trade while showing us how she does pottery; yes, she threw for us to experience even though she had not planned to throw any that day.
The product of that throwing was a beautiful vase that I felt attached to because I watched it coming to life through the artistry of Sarah. It was an immense educational and inspirational experience.
Her crafts are absolutely gorgeous.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I took the drive to Tater Knob to purchase some pottery. What started out as a shopping trip ended up being a wonderful afternoon spent with Sarah Culbreth in a beautiful, serene setting. Sarah loves sharing the art of pottery with her customers and, because she went to Berea College and stayed in the area, she is very knowledgeable about the areas around Berea. She can recommend where to stop and where to eat along the way.

We didn't plan to spend hours at Tater Knob but so glad we did. The pottery is absolutely beautiful and one-of-a-kind and we proudly display the pieces we purchased.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

What a wonderful, interesting place full of exquisite pieces. As soon as we stepped out of the car we were warmly welcomed. The first thing we noticed were the amazing, beautiful bells which one of the artists gladly rang a few for us. Soon we were given some hot coffee and punch to enjoy in one of their handmade mugs while we browsed around. There were so many pieces that my husband and I fell in love with, it was hard to decide which to choose! We spent about an hour just admiring all of the pieces and watching the artists at work. I can't wait to go back again soon!

1  Thank IAMRADTECH2
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Though off the beaten track, Tater Knob is a discovery worth the drive. Whether you are headed to Snug Hollow Farm or just passing through take the time to see what Jeff and Sara are doing. Their shop is always open and welcomes everyone with a smile, some coffee, and a ready introduction to their life's passion. It is both instructive and inspirational, whether pottery is your thing or you just love beautiful things. Great variety in form and design gives you the option to find that perfect piece for that 'spot' in your home, also would make great gifts. Give Tater Knob a visit, stay a while, and take a little bit of heaven home with you.

1  Thank Alan S