“Best place to eat in the Artisan Center”
Review of Artisan Cafe

Artisan Cafe
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Food is fine, nothing special but tasty. If you order something from the grill prepare to wait a long time. If others in your party order from the salad bar or cafeteria they can come back and pick you up when you're done.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Artisan Center is an art lovers dream of Kentucky items. It is also a rest stop oh Interstate 75 . The cafe is run by Berea College and also used to train students. They have good Southern cooking and also sandwiches. There is art for sale on the walls. A very pleasant atmosphere. Great for travelers and locals too.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Fortunately, we have found this cafe for lunch stops on our trips from North Carolina to Indiana. We were so tired of fast food options and the cafeterias seemed few and far between. Then we found this Cafe. They have 3-4 specials each day, along with a salad bar and a grill where you can order sandwiches. The food is excellent and two of us can eat for about the same price as fast food......and way better food. Our favorite is the corn pudding, which always seems to be on the menu. They have baked chicken, meatloaf, quiche, BBQ and other entrees and always several side dishes. And, if you aren't in a huge hurry, take time to browse all the Kentucky-made crafts for sale. Everything from jewelry to wood crafts and hand knitted accessories. Great selections.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stopped by Artisian Center so many times during my trips from Louisville & the NC Coast, but never had lunch here. Hitting my head on the table!!!
Not only is it extremely affordable, but the food is excellent!
Had a robust chicken, vegetable soup and the most amazing bourbon bread pudding ever!! I don't even like bread pudding, but the chef highly recommended it. Awesome!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Throughout my travels for work and play, I definitely have some rest stops that I consider my favorites. These stops are chosen more for their cleanliness and food choice than anything else. The Artisan Cafe in Berea, KY has just become my favorite on I-75, in that area. It isn't much farther off the interstate than a typical rest stop and is well worth the extra quarter mile. Located in the Kentucky Artisan and Welcome Center in Berea, KY, the cafe offers great home cooked specials, desserts and a soup and salad bar. I had the meatloaf and my friend, Ann, had the roast chicken. Both were delicious and came with two sides, one was homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. Our pitstop was not much longer than a typical one and we got to browse and buy goods from artists from all over Kentucky. This place is worth a teeny bit extra time.

1  Thank mikelcesc

Been to Artisan Cafe? Share your experiences!