“JaneandWyatt”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“JaneandWyatt”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked this hotel from the parking lot. Main reason we stopped was for the convenient location. We were on our way from SC to tour the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Room was larger than most hotel rooms. Nice TV, fridge and microwave. Clean bathrooms. Right at the interstate, but really couldn't hear the traffic noise. I would stay here again. Nice location to get your tour of Kentucky started. We stopped in Corbin KY for the Kentucky Fried Chicken museum before stopping for the night, and started early the next day heading to Lawrenceburg for Wild Turkey distillery (which I HIGHLY recommend!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Berea. Thank you for taking the time to let us know! Our spacious rooms are one of the main features we’re often complimented on. It sounds like you all were enjoying some of Kentucky’s many attractions so I’d like to encourage you to take some time to explore Berea the next time you stay with us. We’re well known for our arts and crafts and the town and college have a wonderful history to delve into as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked this hotel while driving home from a week in Florida. The price was reasonable, the room is really nice, it is about the size of 2 normal rooms at other hotels. The bed is a little hard, but other than that the hotel is really nice for the price. Oh the pool is really nice,I am looking forward to a swim before my drive home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mitch f
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your excellent experience at our hotel. I was thrilled to hear that you found our prices to be reasonable and that you enjoyed your stay in one of our comfortable rooms. I am in agreement that our pool is nice and relaxing. This is the one amenity I look for when I travel as I have a two year old son who loves to swim and it’s a great way to let him let out his built up energy after a long day traveling in the car. I feel that our hotel is a true gem in the town of Berea. We have great quality rooms that are not only comfortable but that are immaculately cleaned by our wonderful housekeeping staff. All of our staff is willing to go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied with their experience. These two qualities and the amenities we offer make our hotel a great hotel for our guests. Thank you again for posting a review on our page. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Berea.
Indiana
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We originally booked a hotel a few miles south of here. We checked in for a few minutes before checking right back out. My mom quickly found this hotel and booked us a room over the phone since we were on the road. When we came in, the front desk clerk was very helpful, understanding, and accommodating. We had our dog with us, but that was not a problem. We were given a large, clean suite and have enjoyed it the last few days. The breakfast is above average offering danishes, hard boiled eggs, hot omelet style eggs, sausage patties, and waffles. Cereal and other items were also offered. The hotel was clean and all staff we encountered were super nice. The beds are soft and comfortable. The pool area is nice and the water was warm and clean... even on a busy holiday weekend. Hotel is convenient to interstate, shopping, and restaurants. The only negative thing I can say about the hotel, if it would even pertain to you, is the laundry is on the 3rd smoking floor and you have to pay for 2 cycles for clothes to get dry. Fair trade in my opinion!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for posting your compliments in regards to our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found our staff nice and willing to accommodate as well as be understanding. I believe we have a genuine staff that is willing to go out of their way to make sure that our guests' needs are met. I love how our suites are large enough to hold big or small families and provide them with comfort and a mind of ease. Our breakfast is very appetizing and it pleases any picky eater in the family, as my son can sometimes be a picky eater when I travel with him. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the pool as it is our biggest amenity we offer. I did pass along your comments to my general manager regarding the laundry being on the third floor. We are looking into providing a solution for that as well as all the possibilities that can be done. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and staying with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Berea.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here twice during our trip from Indiana to North Carolina. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.The suites are HUGE and perfect for a family whose children no longer sleep in the same beds! We were pleased with the price compared to other hotel chains. The bathrooms were clean and had all we needed. The bedding nice and the WiFi a nice treat, allowing us to hook up as many computers and electronic devices as we wanted. The breakfast wasn't anything special, but coffee was delicious! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay at this hotel again on any future travel in that area.

Room Tip: First floor was great -- no upstairs noise was heard -- no hallway noise was heard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay experience at our
hotel. This allows us to continue to improve on the quality of
services we offer our guests. I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed
your stay with us. I love that our suites are big enough to hold large
families without having people being cramped or without have the guest
paying for an extra room. Our staff always takes pride in their work
and work hard to make sure we make our guests fill as if they were
home away from home. I also love that our hotel offers complimentary
WIFI services and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. It allows our
guests to not have to spend more money on those services outside of
the room charge. Thank you for posting on our review page and we hope
to see you on your next trip to Berea!
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stop over. Clean and quiet room and very friendly staff. Breakfast selection was better than most. Only slight failure was the shower button didn't work properly. We will most definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. It is beneficial to
hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback, as it allows
us to continue to improve on the services we offer our guests. I am so
glad you enjoyed your stay with us. When I travel, I love walking into
a room and first smelling the clean freshness smell. I also love it
when I encounter a friendly staff that is willing to go out of their
way to make their guests as comfortable as possible. I truly believe
that our hotel is a true gem in the town of Berea. I apologize that
the shower button did not work properly. Our maintenance man inspects
all mechanical aspects when working in a room for a maintenance check
up. It would be helpful if you could identify the room number. That
way we can address the issue specifically. Thank you for posting your
review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Berea.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. A girl at the desk went out of her way to help us see Berea's sights. We had a King Jacuzzi room that was exceptionally clean and large. The room was a large, but not what you would call a pretty room. Our bed was comfortable. I liked the Jacuzzi a lot. My only complaint was that there was no ice machine on the 3rd floor. They had an area that you could do your laundry, but no ice machine. Weird. I would stay there again though. Just not on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: No ice machine on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our hotel I feel is a true gem in that we provide great customer service from our staff as well as provide clean and immaculate rooms to our guests. It is the two biggest qualities I look for when I travel with either my family or by myself. I personally want to walk into a clean and fresh-smelling room and talk with a staff that makes me feel right at home. Our jacuzzi suites are very spacious and I am glad you were able to enjoy the jacuzzi tub. There are ice machines located on the 1st and 2nd floor of course but unfortunately we can not put one on the third floor due to our laundry facilities taking up the space. Your suggestion has been passed on to our general manager however to see if in the future we could place an ice machine on the third floor. Next time you come through Berea, you should come during the Berea Festival of Learnshops. It is a two week festival that offers a wide variety of classes that teaches you how to make authentic Kentucky crafts or classes that teach you to express and teach the culture and history of Appalachia to other people. Thank you again for your generous compliments and we look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Berea.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our famiy stopped here on a road trip from Michigan. With a AAA discount, we got a good rate on the room. What I was most impressed with was the cleanliness of the breakfast area--the neatest I have ever seen in a hotel. The pool room heater was broken while we were there, so the kids were a bit disappointed that it was so cold in there (they didn't swim for very long). The blankets on the bed were a bit old, but otherwise the room was fine. There are lots of restaurants and a Wal-Mart nearby, so Berea is a good place to stop for a road trip on I-75.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review about our hotel. I am delighted you chose to stay at our Berea location and the generous compliments about our breakfast area. Our breakfast hostesses work extremely hard to making sure that our breakfast area is sparkling clean but also that serves a delicious breakfast buffet that pleases our guests. I do apologize the pool room heater was under repair during your visit. Fortunately the pool water heater was working; otherwise we would have closed the pool for repair. The repairs have been completed. So, please visit us again the next time you are traveling through Berea. Also, venture to Old Town Berea and College Square. There are a variety of craft shops in town that truly bring in the beauty of the Appalachian culture. Even the local restaurants, like Main Street Café, is a must stop place to grab a local burger that is filled with a big flavor. Thank you again for your compliments about our hotel and we hope to accommodate your lodging needs again should your travels bring you back to Berea.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 14 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Berea? Share your experiences!