Holiday Inn Express Berea
$114
Fairfield Inn
$129
TownePlace Suites
All reviewsroom was cleancomfort inncinnamon rollsfront desk staffwould stay here againthe breakfast areawafflespillow casesthe staff was friendly and helpfulindoor poolneeded anythingnice breakfastgreat place to stayrenfro valleycomplimentary breakfastfirst floorgreat stop
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed four nights because we participated at the art workshop classes in Barea.
The first night we came back to our room and the beds were not made. We told the person at the desk and they said housekeeping must have forgot.
The next night the bathroom tub and floor had not been cleaned, and the shower curtain had a yellow stain on it.Told the front desk, they said they would make a note about it.
The third night we had to go to the front desk for soap, shampoo and cups because none had been left in our room. I asked about the manager and the front desk said he was the person in the picture on the wall but wasn't there to talk to.
We checked out and the desk person asked how our stay was and I told him we had a few problems. He asked if I reported them. I said yes. That was all he said. I guess he didn't really care.

Room Tip: Check reviews to see if any improvements were made or if they care at all.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JMG762
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for posting a review.

I am sorry you left with the impression we do not care. Our goal is for every guest to have a great, welcoming, and comfortable experience each visit to our hotel. As our history shows, we have done an exceptional job accomplishing this goal. Unfortunately we seem to have fallen short in our quality of care for you.

I personally helped you at check-out the morning of your departure. At that time I had not been made aware of any previous issues regarding your stay. You responded that you had a few problems and that you had reported them. When you did not elaborate any further, I got the impression your concerns had been addressed and any issues had been resolved. I apologize for my false assumption regarding the situation.

I will be meeting with the housekeeping and the front desk staff directly involved to review neglected policy and procedures.

Again, I sincerely thank you for posting your review. The feed back we receive from guest help us improve the quality of our service. I will contact you directly to discuss compensation.

Ahmad Reynolds

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our room was comfortable and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. But most of all we were impressed by the design of the breakfast area. Many hotels have the large tv screen right in the breakfast area with inaccessible controls and national news blasting at you at high volume. This hotel has the breakfast area on one end of the room and a couch in front of the tv on the other end with the news at a lower volume. We wish more hotels would follow this example. It made it enjoyable to enjoy the well supplied breakfast and not leave with a headache. We'd definitely return here on a trip through the area.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear 2seniors53,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your excellent experience at our hotel. I am thrilled you found our rooms not only comfortable but very clean also. I feel that our housekeeping staff does a wonderful job in making sure our rooms look immaculate and sparkle with cleanliness. When I travel with my family, I love the satisfaction of walking into a hotel room that is super clean as well as comfortable to rest in. After all, a hotel is your home away from home when you travel. I am also glad you enjoyed our breakfast area. I am in agreement with you that it is super nice when the TV is off to one side with the news on low volume while the breakfast supply and tables are on the other side of the room. It gives our guests a chance to enjoy their breakfast and to plan out their day without being bombarded with the news, especially any bad or upsetting news. Next time you come to Berea, you will have to check out our local craft shops in town. There is a shop a little bit outside of Berea called Tater Knob Pottery. It is such an awesome place to not only see the artists make the pottery crafts but also to buy some unique pottery that could be used for everyday things. Thank you again for your kind compliments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again in the future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Friendly, clean,quiet, desk was very friendly and helpful. They helped us find a place to eat and some entertainment. Would recommend this to anyone traveling through then area. Area is very quaint and we enjoyed looking around the area. The university and downtown was very clean, people were friendly and helpful also. Food at the Boone Tavern was excellent.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear joe0722,
Thank you for your generous compliments about out hotel. I am extremely happy that you found not only our rooms to be clean and quiet but also found our front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. I feel that having a clean and quiet room as well as having a warm and friendly staff to match makes for an excellent quality guest experience. It is the two biggest qualities I look for when I travel with my family. I love walking into a hotel that has a staff that welcomes me as if I was a part of their family as well as enjoy walking into a hotel room that smells of cleanliness and that is immaculate. The next time you visit Berea, you will have to check out some of the shops in the Old Town Artisan Village. They have a variety of artists’ studios and galleries that are filled with so much local culture. They even have a little café in the village that has excellent local food called The Black Feather Café. It may be a small café but it is very big in flavor. Thank you again for rating our hotel and we look forward to accommodating your lodging needs again should your travels bring you back to Berea.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the last available room in the city due to the Georgia/Kentucky football game and were expecting it to be loud and rowdy! Fortunately, it was very quiet at the hotel. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. We had a jacquzzi suite which was adequate but the bed was very low and for as large as the bed was, there were not enough pillows! Plus our door looked like it had been broken off its hinges so it didn't completely seal. But it wasn't an issue fortunately. The only issue we really had was our late night/early morning phone call from someone claiming to be from Clarion hotels, asking for my info and promising a 40% discount on our stay. They claimed that the power was done so they lost all records of guests. I refused to give them info and reported it to the front desk in the am. It apparently was a scam, as we guessed. Other then that, the stay was relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear acleve0624,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. It is beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback, whether it is good or bad. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be quiet as well as found our staff to be friendly. I truly believe we have a wonderful staff here that is committed to making sure our guests have a great quality guest experience. I do apologize that there were not enough pillows in your room. Normally our King Suites have five pillows on the bed and two pillows for the sleeper sofa that is located in the drawers under the TV. If there are not enough pillows, you can always call the front desk and ask for more. Our staff is more than willing to help. I also apologize for the inconvenient phone call you received late that night. After the incident was reported, we did receive an alert from our parent company, Choice Hotels, that there was indeed a scam going on. The way to tell if a phone call you receive is a scam is if the person asks for your credit card information over the phone. Our front desk staff will not ask for the credit card information over the phone; we would ask for you to come to the front desk for that information. The phone scam is still occurring according to Choice Hotels, so we are still taking the extra security precautions for our hotel. Thank you so much again for rating our hotel and leaving us some feedback. We appreciate your patronage and I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be even more pleasant than this relaxing visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed many times at this motel, and, as usual, the room was clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The breakfast area was well stocked and the food was kept fresh. The only thing I would say that needs some attention/improvement is the ac/heating system - smelled moldy. Overall, a very good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear cltwise,
Thank you for your rave reviews about our hotel! Our staff is one of a kind that strives for our guests to have a great quality guest experience. This dedication is shown not only through the warm and friendly front desk staff but also through the housekeeping's hard work in making sure our rooms shine in cleanliness. Our complimentary hot breakfast is one of our most popular amenities we offer to our guests that satisfies all ages. When I travel with my family, I always look for a hotel that offers a complimentary breakfast. That way I do not have to spend more money, and can save a few dollars. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the ac/heating system in your room. Our maintenance man routinely inspect and clean the ac/heating systems. It would be helpful if you could help us identify the room number. That way we can address the issue specifically. Thank you again for your continued business with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!