“Okay place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Berea
Michigan
“Okay place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Saw a coupon in the hotel discount book and decided to give this place a try. Ended up not needing the coupon, the rate the girl gave me when I walked in was the same as the coupon. Nice girl at check in, although she didn't tell me about the breakfast or hours of it. Room was nice. Pool water was cold and I was really disappointed they did not have a hot tub! Guy in front of me checking in had to ask for pool towels. 2 hours later we were going in the pool and the towel bin was still empty.
Breakfast was just okay. Whatever waffle mix they use for their machine is nasty! Both the blueberry and the regular flavors. None of us liked it! Really wish these hotels would consider using REAL silverware for breakfast. Kind of hard cutting things when the fork and knife are bending. ;)
Slept good, room was clean although for the bathtubs, housekeeping needs to go a little higher in the shower and clean the hairs off the walls. Gross. Other than that, it is an okay place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cruznthrough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had a very confortable quiet stay. The property is about what you would expect from a Comfort Inn. Clean, comfortanle, quiet and a mundane breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VanVlietTraveler
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting Berea College. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The location is quiet and the rooms are clean. I have sent a detailed review to hotel management. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Berea, KY. Thank you Kala!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Academics17
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business, I was there for 5 nights. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. The hotel has an indoor pool and a gym, quite a few Choice properties have work out rooms with a treadmill and bike this one even had a weight lifting machine. overall experience was good, comfortable bed and quite air conditioner work in a hotels favor for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sharkey13
Niagara, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Florida. The motel was very nice. Breakfast was excellent, both hot and cold foods. There is an indoor pool and the staff were very friendly. The Cracker Barrel on the opposite side of the 1-75 seemed the only decent choice for supper. This motel is in a dry county so if you are counting on cracking open a cold one, you had better purchase something on the way as it is a 15 minute drive down the highway to the nearest outlet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

First off, unless a hotel advertises themself as "5 star" I never rate that high. That said, I wanted to rate this hotel higher than 3 but somehow cannot. Maybe it was because I didn't sleep well - but others in my party did. This was the second Comfort Inn chain hotel we stayed in on this trip, and I had a similar experience with both. We had two rooms, and the heat/air conditioner in my room was loud. I am sensitive to night noise, so would have preferred a quieter unit. Plus, the placement of the air unit right under the window blew the curtains up, and we had to mess with them a bit to stay closed. The bed wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, but not new. Whatever they use to clean the room with had a very strong smell, to both my husband and I. Clean is good but not if you can't stand the lingering scent. We had a pet, and the hotel maintains a special area just for pets, which was one of the nice pluses. The interior corridors did not prove much of an issue with transferring baggage or taking our pet in and out, but don't forget your key! There is an indoor pool, which looked very inviting but we didn't use, but saw others enjoying. The breakfast was very nice, with egg products, sausage and make-yourself waffles. Overall, the staff was very nice - the lady maintaining the breakfast buffet VERY nice (we tipped her!), quietly going about her job but making sure everything was constantly clean. The location is right off I-75, but road noise wasn't too much of a problem (although, I could see that with heavy traffic it might be a little more noticable). Again, I wanted to like this hotel better, but we paid more than we usually might have preferred, so I guess I expected a little more.

Room Tip: The indoor pool is on the first floor, which could be good or bad for you. With pets, we always req...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MyTwoCent s
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler Tip: We offer 10% discounts for AAA/CAA, AARP, Senior Citizens, and Choice Privileges members. We offer a discount rate for active/retired military and government workers (with valid id). Also, when checking in ask if the “Manager’s Special” is available.
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

The room was dirty. The walls appear to have a mud or poop smear. The edges of the carpet and tile in the bathroom are dirty in a wall that comes from long term neglect. There was considerable mold around the soap dishes in the shower. The room smelled and the walls were so thin you could hear the next room. The bathroom light had a ballast that was so loud I couldn't leave it on for the children. In the morning the cigarette smoke smell was overwhelming from other rooms.
It was not worth $80. Stay some where else.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lisamotley
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
We take pride in offering our guest with a clean and comfortable stay.
Our customer's opinion is important and customer feed back helps us improve the quality of our service.

I attempted to confirm this traveler’s stay at the Berea Comfort Inn & Suites and have the opportunity to further discuss the details of their stay.

Currently, I have not received a response.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
National Heritage Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 13 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Berea? Share your experiences!