“not a bad price for what you receive”

America's Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The rooms are very very dated, but clean and roomy, The tv worked, ac/heat micro and fridge all worked.The wi-fi didn't -so that was a bummer, The bed was not as comfy as I would have liked, but for the $ and the brief time I was there it was fine. The check in/out took a few minutes but the lady was as sweet as pie- ( I love a ky accent- adorable) In a pinch I would stay here again.
lots of parking for larger vehicles ( 3 rvs and maybe 3 t/t if theres room to turn around)
There is a pet fee $5. there is a pool(out of service) $

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
bereaabvi, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share you comments and we are happy that you were pleased with your stay. We are continuously trying to upgrade our property and services and your input will help us do this. Thanks again and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have stayed in this Inn twice, the second time didn't even consider any other hotels. The first time used a coupon that was only valid during the week. But since it was the weekend we asked the receptionist to make an exception to which she promptly called the owner (even though it was about 10pm) and asked for us. The owner made the exception so we got a great deal on the room! Both times I have been there the room was very clean and smelled fresh (even though the building seems like it could be about 30 years old) and the front desk service has continued to go out of their way to be helpful whether it was the employee or the owner. It's a great location, right next to I-75, Wal-mart, US bank, and other chains as well as about 2 miles away from historic downtown Berea. If you're looking for a good deal and don't mind not staying in a very modern place, stop here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amber S

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we will be sure to share them with our staff. Please come see us again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We paid less than $50 per night for a double room, non-smoking.
The room is clean, without awful smell. The free breakfast is acceptable, there are 3 kinds of bread to choose, 2 kinds of juice, also have coffee, cereals.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ELKW
Reviewed February 7, 2013

En route from Indianapolis to Charlotte NC, stopped here for one night. While room #136 visually appears a bit older/dated, it was clean, the bed was quite comfortable, the shower was hot, and the location seemed very quiet. Challenges experienced: 1) It was chilly when we arrived so I turned on the heat. Even at the highest setting, only lukewarm air came out. 2) The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud and sounded like a chainsaw. 3) We checked in late so had to do it through the night window, with the metal tray that slides in and out. There is no intercom, so communication was difficult because the person who assisted us kept speaking through the glass without opening the tray. 4) Compared to the highest room rate online and the amount quoted to us in the morning for a one night stay, even with tax added, we seem to have been overcharged - especially because I gave my Value Club membership number when checking in, and wrote it on the registration form. (Hard to know for sure without an itemized receipt; my fault for not getting one while checking in half asleep.) Finally, on the plus side, someone from the motel called us shortly after 8am to let us know the sliding door to our van was wide open. Gave us a good scare, but nothing was missing. (We're guessing we left it open by mistake, so this is not meant to be a negative reflection on the motel itself or the surrounding area. Rather, we appreciate the responsibility the motel took to inform us.)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bereaabvi, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit, we welcome both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continually improve as we aim to offer the best level of service possible. We obviously failed in a key area for your stay, This is very disappointing, and I offer my sincerest apologies. Regards rkp. We checked the heat its working good. and we fixed the fan in the bathroom. sorry for inconvenient the night window is for our employee safety.Rates are subject the change without notice. Rates are set daily base on Occupancy. so if you have advance reservation we will honor that rate. and all walk in rates are different because of different discounts and types of rooms.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed one night on way home from Florida and was not impressed.Room was clean but linen was grey . Everything you needed was there but looked and felt old, but the price was low. Would spend a little more next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joeandpeggy
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I found the staff to be gracious and accommodating. The accommodations are simple, yet adequate.There was nothing that I requested that was refused. I reported a spill and it was addressed immediately. Though I keep in mind where I am during my stay (not the most resources in the world), I got what I needed and more. I read some of the previous reviews and was surprised that people actually complained. My stay was fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Atiba B
bereaabvi, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we are pleased that you were happy with your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

First, i am not a picky traveler. It really doesn't take much in a hotel room to satisfy me. This room was the worst i have ever stayed in. The bed was worn out, the sheets were worn out, the pillow was warn out, the carpeting was discussting. I didn't take my shoes off. The worst part, though, was that i didn't feel safe in this place. I would never stay there again. Priceline had this a 2 star. Seriously, it's 1/2 to 1 star. I would rather sleep in my car on a stay over next time rather than sleep in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank SummitRes
bereaabvi, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

We apologize for your bad experience and appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments. We would like you to know that we have renovated all of our guest rooms including carpets, furniture, bedding etc. Please visit us again so you can see all of our improvements. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Red Roof Inn and Suites
Quality Inn
#4 of 10 in Berea
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea
Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!