Pinnacle View Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsira batesb bfront porchbed and breakfastoff the beaten pathenjoying the viewthe stuffed french toastsurrounding countrysideprivate bathroominteresting personlarge portionsone of a kindhill overlookingsunday nightlong driveroad trippuppies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The Pinnacle and host Ira Bates were complete joys for the two days my wife and I visited. This new B&B is an easy commute to quaint Berea, KY, one of the nation's finest artist markets. Although the website was an accurate reflection of what we experienced, Ira completely understated his kitchen skills. The morning breakfasts were unusually tasty and evening desserts were a fine end to the day. (Ira dressess for the occasion, but I won't spoil your surprise.)

Our quiet and spacious room appeared conveniently organized and well decorated. It met every need, including custom cups of coffee, high-end chocolates, and a spotless, roomy bathroom. The view from the front porch is magnetic for those of us who just want to sit, decompress, read or stare at high Kentucky knolls a mile away.

Do I have any disappointments? Only this. Because of its newness, the grounds behind the building as seen from the decks appeared a bit cluttered with construction leftovers. I'm sure this will resolve itself over time.

Oh, and I am disappointed that we couldn't stay just one more day!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The title should tell you everything. If you are looking for a quiet luxurious getaway from the hustle and bustle of city or everyday life then this is the place for you. As you approach the bed and breakfast from the outside, the views of the mountains and landscape are breathtaking; the only rival of the natural landscape is the actual man made structure in its architectural design and eclectic motif. All the rooms are oversized and accommodating with plush bedding and views that leave you feeling as if you have paid a fortune. The bathrooms have inspired me to remodel my house and create my own luxurious wash room to keep with me as a reminder of how much I enjoyed the Pinnacle View Inn. Overall, the entire experience can be summed up as amazing...the food was amazing, the company (Ira) was amazing, the location was amazing, the geo thermal aspect was amazing and in turn my entire experience here at Pinnacle View Inn was amazing. I'm thankful for the opportunity and am more than willing to return ASAP. :)

Reviewed August 22, 2010

My wife and I spent our 45th anniversary on August 20 and 21 at the Pinnacle View Inn. Ira Bates, the owner and inn keeper, is a wonderful host. We were greeted with a tour of the inn and then shown to the Lee Suite where we stayed. The inn is very clean and comfortable. Our suite had a very comfortable queen size bed and a large Jacuzzi tub with shower. Throughout the b&b you'll marvel at how it's tastefully decorated throughout with Ira's collection of folk art and carvings he has done throughout the years. Each evening he prepared special bedtime desserts and the breakfasts were wonderful. Ira certainly has a "Ritz Carlton" mentality when it comes to service and hospitality. Thanks, Ira, for a wonderful weekend. We will definitely come back and recommend the Pinnacle View Inn to our friends.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and I spent a night in this lovely b & b outside of Berea, Kentucky. The contemporary house was beautifully decorated. Our bedroom had an amazing king sized bed and our bathroom had an oversized shower and two person soaking tub with all kinds of bath amenities to choose from. Our host, Ira, baked an "old family recipe" cake with strawberries for dessert the night we arrived and whipped up a very tasty breakfast the next morning. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the front porch enjoying the view of the Kentucky knobs letting Ira pamper us with good food and great hospitality. Thank you Ira!

Reviewed August 10, 2010

Pinnacle View Inn provides everything the traveler could want in a Bed and Breakfast- incredible food made to order, comfortable beds with quality linens, privacy, peace and quiet- with the unique feature of being "green." It is a perfect place for a private retreat, with a spectacular mountain view from the rocking chairs on the front porch. Berea is always an enjoyable place to explore, and the Pinnacle View provides a warm and welcoming base from which to visit all of the area attractions, or just to get away with a companion or a good book.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo