“just wow..”

Ranked #1 of 4 Berea B&B and Inns
Miamisburg, Ohio
“just wow..”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was our first stay in a B&B and i must say we just loved it.Our room was spacious and well maintained, spacious bath room , clean n tidy.What we liked the most was the location of this B&B. Good for an early morning walk specially with those 2 cute little dogs. They were so friendly and though i'm scared of dogs but these 2 were so sweet n friendly and they followed us like body guards. Loved the scenery around and the fresh air and the view of the mountains, its just breath taking...its nice to have a break from ur normal busy lifestyle. And the food was awesome and yummy.:-) Ira was so nice and friendly and we had good conversations during our brunch time..we just stayed for a day and seriously we miss this place.I recommend for people who wanna take a break from everything and stay here with the beautiful nature around it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReniBenji

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed October 28, 2013

spent a lovely night at the Pinnacle View Inn! Fall colors were still showing, the innkeeper and staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was awesome--held me till past dinner!! The rooms (we had 2--fam of 4 traveling together) were lovely and comfortable. Very charming! Enjoyed sharing brk with another couple & the innkeeper! Looking forward to another visit!!

Room Tip: all 4 rooms are lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a get away near our home in Berea and settled on Pinnacle View Inn. We were not disappointed. We were warmly welcomed by Ira and shown around the common areas and our room. There was a little mix up on the room, but he figured that out quickly and had everything taken care before we realized what had happened.

Breakfast the next morning was very filling and made to order. It was very interesting talking while he sat in a rocker nearing the dining room table, ready to take care of our needs and sharing a wealth of information.

Our room was comfortable, great bed and down comforter, spacious and plenty of room in the bathroom. The only draw back for us was the plug in air freshener, but we just unplugged it and plugged in back in before leaving. I am overly sensitive to that sort of thing.

We sat on the front porch enjoying the sunsets, stars & company of another couple that was there for both nights as well. I highly recommend the Inn!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed two nights while visiting Berea in Sept. Always read reviews before booking to get a feel for any establishment where we may be staying. We have stayed at B&B's in different parts of the world and can say this one is amoung the top . The house is amazing with great accommodations and a beautiful view from the front porch. Great for relaxing in the morning before breakfast and at night with the moonlight. Ira ,the owner, is a good conversationlist and well versed on many subjects. Ira and Gina made fantastic breakfasts usually enough to last most of the day and you pick the time and menu. Can highly recommend staying here in the country a short drive from Berea.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the best place I have ever stayed while traveling. Very personalized experience. Our room was very cozy and beautiful. The bed provided the best sleep I have ever had away from home.Top of the line sheets and mattress. Words cannot express how much I Love this place. Mr.Bates and Gina made us feel so welcome and were very personable. Loved views inside as well as outside. Mr. Bates has a beautiful array of art he has collected over time and the home is amazing. I could sit on that porch all day! I highly recommend this B&B.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This B&B is a great getaway place. Ira is an amazing man who is in his "sweet spot" as the innkeeper. They have made to order breakfasts, you pick the time. They go out of their way to accomodate us as we are Vegans. The Inn sits in the knobs with beautiful views of the mountains. And of course the town of Berea is just a few minutes away.

• Liked — Ira, the innkeeper
  • Disliked — mattress wasn't the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kris1951
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 11, 2013

On Saturday August 9, 2013, I spent one night at the Pinnacle View Inn with a friend. I will start with what I normally end with – I would stay there again. The trip was just a one night getaway.

I had never stayed at a B&B but my friend encouraged me to try something new so like most men I agreed to keep her happy. I went to the Trip Advisor website and decided on Pinnacle View Inn based on the reviews.

I was not disappointed. We had a great time. The place was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a huge tub that my friend took full advantage. The shower was very large and had two shower heads. There were plenty of towels and they were very soft. The counter space in the bathroom is a little tight. I would have been nice to have a hook for the towel at the shower and a small table to place my shaving kit. The shower and tub are about ten feet apart.

The Inn was very quiet because it is about two miles off the main road and in a very rural area. I would strongly recommend arriving before dark. We didn’t get to the Inn until almost midnight and struggled to find the roads. The GPS was spot on but the roads are narrow and dark.

There was a TV in the room with Dish TV. There were plenty of candles in the bathroom that did get some use. We could have used some more outlets to plug in all the cell phones and iPads. A power strip would have been nice near the nightstand next to the bed. When I travel I use my cell phone as an alarm clock so I need to be able to plug it in and have it next to the bed.

Breakfast was great. When we arrived at the Inn the owner gave us a quick overview about what he was offering for breakfast. I thought the list was extensive and provide plenty of choice. Since we were the only people staying at the Inn we were able to pick the time for breakfast. We selected 10:30 a.m. We ended up getting up earlier and while we waited for breakfast we sat on the front porch enjoying the morning. The owner brought us coffee and some breakfast bread with jam. It was very tasty.

The common areas were also nice. The owner is a very nice man that went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable.

Our original plan was to arrive at the Inn at 4:00 p.m. but because of a variety of issues we did not arrive until midnight. I stayed in touch with the owner via email and phone to keep him updated of our arrival time because it changed about four times. He was always very flexible and was waiting on the front porch when we finally arrived. At one point the owner even called my cell phone to make sure I was not having any trouble finding the place which I was because the roads were so dark.

If you are going to arrive late eat dinner first because there is nothing around the Inn. Berea and Richmond are at least 6 or 7 miles away.

The Inn is about 7 miles from Berea. It is a very quick drive.

We left the Inn between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. Sunday morning.

Our entire experience was very good and I would recommend the Pinnacle View Inn.

Room Tip: Arrive before dark and if you arrive late eat dinner in Berea or Richmond before you check in.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple