“Beautiful Inside and out.”
Review of Pinnacle View Inn

and 1 more site!
Pinnacle View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Berea B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Beautiful Inside and out.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the best place I have ever stayed while traveling. Very personalized experience. Our room was very cozy and beautiful. The bed provided the best sleep I have ever had away from home.Top of the line sheets and mattress. Words cannot express how much I Love this place. Mr.Bates and Gina made us feel so welcome and were very personable. Loved views inside as well as outside. Mr. Bates has a beautiful array of art he has collected over time and the home is amazing. I could sit on that porch all day! I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This B&B is a great getaway place. Ira is an amazing man who is in his "sweet spot" as the innkeeper. They have made to order breakfasts, you pick the time. They go out of their way to accomodate us as we are Vegans. The Inn sits in the knobs with beautiful views of the mountains. And of course the town of Berea is just a few minutes away.

• Liked — Ira, the innkeeper
  • Disliked — mattress wasn't the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kris1951
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 11, 2013

On Saturday August 9, 2013, I spent one night at the Pinnacle View Inn with a friend. I will start with what I normally end with – I would stay there again. The trip was just a one night getaway.

I had never stayed at a B&B but my friend encouraged me to try something new so like most men I agreed to keep her happy. I went to the Trip Advisor website and decided on Pinnacle View Inn based on the reviews.

I was not disappointed. We had a great time. The place was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a huge tub that my friend took full advantage. The shower was very large and had two shower heads. There were plenty of towels and they were very soft. The counter space in the bathroom is a little tight. I would have been nice to have a hook for the towel at the shower and a small table to place my shaving kit. The shower and tub are about ten feet apart.

The Inn was very quiet because it is about two miles off the main road and in a very rural area. I would strongly recommend arriving before dark. We didn’t get to the Inn until almost midnight and struggled to find the roads. The GPS was spot on but the roads are narrow and dark.

There was a TV in the room with Dish TV. There were plenty of candles in the bathroom that did get some use. We could have used some more outlets to plug in all the cell phones and iPads. A power strip would have been nice near the nightstand next to the bed. When I travel I use my cell phone as an alarm clock so I need to be able to plug it in and have it next to the bed.

Breakfast was great. When we arrived at the Inn the owner gave us a quick overview about what he was offering for breakfast. I thought the list was extensive and provide plenty of choice. Since we were the only people staying at the Inn we were able to pick the time for breakfast. We selected 10:30 a.m. We ended up getting up earlier and while we waited for breakfast we sat on the front porch enjoying the morning. The owner brought us coffee and some breakfast bread with jam. It was very tasty.

The common areas were also nice. The owner is a very nice man that went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable.

Our original plan was to arrive at the Inn at 4:00 p.m. but because of a variety of issues we did not arrive until midnight. I stayed in touch with the owner via email and phone to keep him updated of our arrival time because it changed about four times. He was always very flexible and was waiting on the front porch when we finally arrived. At one point the owner even called my cell phone to make sure I was not having any trouble finding the place which I was because the roads were so dark.

If you are going to arrive late eat dinner first because there is nothing around the Inn. Berea and Richmond are at least 6 or 7 miles away.

The Inn is about 7 miles from Berea. It is a very quick drive.

We left the Inn between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. Sunday morning.

Our entire experience was very good and I would recommend the Pinnacle View Inn.

Room Tip: Arrive before dark and if you arrive late eat dinner in Berea or Richmond before you check in.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patrick O
Hendersonville, TN
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife & I spent two nights here in July in conjunction with a concert at Renfro Valley and the celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary. Although past experience has shown me that reviews on Tripadvisor are quite "on the mark", I was amazed at how many outstanding reviews Pinnacle View Inn has received. After our two nights there I understand why! There is really nothing I can add that has not already been said, so I am just adding my name to the list of outstanding reviews. I had to try really, really hard to find anything at all that could be improved upon and there is one thing, but it probably only applies to us, not other folks. We never "travel light", so spacing the chairs out a little on that great front porch would make it a little easier for us "heavy travelers" to get to the front door with two suitcases, our own pillows (allergies), and my wife's sleep machine. We have stayed at many B&B's all over the U.S. over the past ten years and Pinnacle View surpasses all of them by a mile! (Plus, I grew up on narrow 2-lane dirt, gravel, and hardtop roads in VA, and, frankly, I loved driving on the roads getting to/from Pinnacle Inn)!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rennoc91
Dover, Delaware, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having traveled in 49 states and accomodations in all of them, it is with great pleasure that I met Ira at the Inn. A history lesson in a relaxed environment was thoroughly enjoyed. I believe anyone would be impressed with your host, chef and innkeeper. Do not think you are lost getting there it is worth the view. GPS was working fine and ride was well worth it. I would travel many miles out of my way to enjoy the breakfast again and wish I had more days to spend with the menu. Greatest fruit cup ever!! Thanks again. Henry Forester, Dover, De.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Ky
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I spent two enjoyable days at the Pinnacle View Inn. The house is very interesting and the room was quite comfortable, especially the bed. The high points were having what you wanted for breakfast and having breakfast when you wanted it. My wife is avoiding gluten and Ira did a great job of accommodating that with good tasting gluten-free options. We spent several delightful hours each day on the front porch which has a serenity all its own. Just sitting in the rockers and looking at the view from the front porch really topped off our days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you want a perfect breakfast where you give input on exactly what you eat this is the place! Accommodations are good. Breakfast was great with perfect omeletes the first day and perfect homemade bisquits and sausage gravy the second day. Would stay again for the food!!!

Room Tip: Ask for special bedding if you need to be feather free. Off the beaten path.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael1221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
#4 of 10 in Berea
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 14 in Richmond

Been to Pinnacle View Inn? Share your experiences!