“Interesting Place”

Main Street Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2017

The first time we went to Main Street Cafe, it was very inviting. WE went mid-afternoon and we were the only ones there despite that, there was still a lengthy wait, but the staff was cordial, quick, and our food was great.
We were so impressed that we decided to go back a second time and unfortunately that visit was awful. It was more towards dinner time and the place was a bit more busy. They seemed short-staffed and the couple workers who were there looked like they had either just rolled out of bed or were high. We entered the place from the back and there was a dirty fork in the pathway. Our order was eventually taken and than we waited and waited for our food, even our drinks had yet to come out.
This time around there were gnats which was pretty disgusting in itself and our food? I could only imagine what it was surrounded by in the back. :(
Once the food made it out, it wasn't like the previous time we had been there - I got the same thing as the first visit. It was so great the first time and just gross the second time around. I don't know if they go through lots of staff or cooks, but it left a lot to be desired and we wont be returning.

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Worst & unfriendly service, gnats everywhere, food horrible. Soup was uncooked and cold. When we finally got silverware it was a plastic fork.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

We have been here many times in past years while visiting Berea, and we were a bit hesitant about coming again with the recent bad reviews here, but the food really was very good. Everyone in our party of 6 was happy. We had fried green tomatoes for appetizers, and they were excellent. A few of us had the BBQ pork sandwich special as they were smoking their own pork, and they were very good. My friend had a fancy burger that he liked very much. The onion rings that a couple people ordered didn't come out very well, and the cook(s) knew it, so they sent out a huge pile of fries to make up for it. It was excellent that they were proactive about it..
One thing that was amiss was the employees hanging out out back so when people came in, there was no one around to greet them, not a good thing. Once they were there they did a decent job, but even if on a break as they may have been, when you work in a restaurant, you need to stop and go acknowledge the people that come it.

1  Thank remyo
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We had lunch here. We should have been tipped off that it was Friday at noon and there were about three people eating there.
The menu looked okay; i ordered the Falafel and the waitress came back later and asked me to order something else, because the cook was having trouble making them. So I ordered a regular sandwich and that's just what it was. Husband had a Rachel, and he said it was fine. Person behind us ordered something (I couldn't hear what it was) and the waitress told him that the overnight staff had left it out, it had spoiled, and they didn't have any more.... (At least they didn't serve it!) Go to Papa Lenos around the corner instead.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

This is the first time I have ever given a terrible. But it truly was. The atmosphere is okay, the server was nice, but it went downhill from there. We were there at 11:35 on Sunday, there were a couple of tables with people besides us but as we waited and waited for our food the place started filling up. It took a full 40 minutes to get our food and it was not good. I had the portabello sandwich, which was tasteless. The bun was the best thing about it. My date had the veggie burger, he said it also was tasteless and mushy like it had been microwaved. The frozen sweet potato fries were crispy on the inside but mushy on the inside, gross actually. The coffee was good.
There was no explanation and there were questions and complaints from patrons about the slowness of service. Also the ladies room had towels all over the floor and the broken lock allowed anyone to walk in on you, except there was a note on the door asking you to knock.
Really bad and I hate to downgrade any business, because as a business owner myself I know how hard it is to make a go at it. But quality and competence are not here.