- large tv, cable and dvd player (for late nights or rainy days)
-cabins with 2 full bathrooms
-covered boat slips
-GREAT views of the lake in cabins 1-3
-great decks on these cabins, with privacy fences so you don't see your neighbors!
-the manager Earl was friendly
- campers were behind the cabins so you were not looking at campers your whole trips
-over all quiet place despite the amount of campers/people around
- cabins need TLC, there was some mold in one of the bathrooms, trim is kind of popping off everywhere, there was a lightswitch box coming out of the wall the fridge in our cabin is wedged so tight in that you cant open it all the way and its breaking the trim (small things like this)
-paddle boat use (as advertised) was non existent, it was filled with water when we got there and looked like it hadn't been touched in weeks. I really didn't want to have to ask the manager to clean it out, it should just be done.
-rented a pontoon - DEPTH FINDER did not work, and we were not told that until it was packed and we were ready to leave, it was also filthy and hadn't been vacuumed, they apparently are not cleaned after every use. I was cleaning all the seats as there was liquids spilled all over everything, and the young man (owner or manager's son?) came on the boat to make sure there were enough life jackets and just let me clean everything. They should be cleaned after every use. We also had to put a deposit for the prop on the pontoon (which was already tore up) even though it didn't have a depth finder, and odds are if your renting a pontoon and a cabin you are not familiar with the lake and you NEED a depth finder.
- did not meet the owner once while we were there, the only person there was the manager, and the young man
- if you wanted gas for your boat you have to call the manager to come down, there is nobody staffed in the boat dock office, even though there is a sign on the door making it look like somebody is staffed (but this was never told to us, we had to ask all these questions)
- they had no tshirts stocked, no bait, no koozies, nothing that people enjoy buying from resorts, which was disappointing.
We enjoyed our stay at this resort, it by no means ruined our vacation, but I feel that it is wrongly advertising MARINA as there is no boat dock office/store, does not sell any sort of bait, and you have to phone someone to get gas. It advertises free use of paddle boats but they were never cleaned out to let people use. The manager was eager to please, the young man was not friendly or welcoming. You can just tell the place has not been kept up in some time. All that said, we LOVED the location and view from cabin 2, and aside from all these things, we may return to stay here, we just may rent pontoons from another place. King Creek just isn't as advertised on their website, needs some TLC. I know it is up for sale, and this could be some reasoning for that. These were little things (except the pontoon), but when you surf on their webpage you have higher expectation than what is actually offered at the resort.
I see all these great reviews from a year ago, and I hope this resort can return to what those reviews state.