“Excellent Staff”

Quality Inn and Suites Benton – Draffenville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Benton
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff here is excellent!! Helpful, polite, very kind. This Comfort Inn is an old Holiday Inn and you can tell; but it's really a decent place. The rooms need new carpet and furniture but most importantly, THEY ARE CLEAN. The bathrooms are spotless; you can tell the housekeeping staff cares about the site. It's also very conveniently located just off the interstate and is not only easy to find, but easy to see.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave C

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here during a weekend family getaway. Rooms were very clean, hotel was very well kept, comfortable beds, and a great staff. We really enjoyed our stay. The location is very convenient to the lakes, Land between the Lakes, and the dams, etc. Within 10 - 20 minutes you can be anywhere. I hate "surprises" when staying at a hotel (beds awful, poor condition, etc.), and this one had none. A real nice place for use as a base camp while enjoying the lakes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank krabby
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was perfoming a the Kentucky Opry down the highway so this was a natural choice. If you are ever near this hotel and lookingfor a place to saty--this is it! One of the, if not THE, best Comfort Inns I have ever stayed in...bar none. Super clean with a super riendly staff. Breakfast is sausage, with egg and cheese omelt (small but take two). Location is right off the parkway. Lobby has a true southern planation look. NOTICE: When I read the one my Michelle I can only wonder about what is not being told. Her remarks make no sense. She got there at 4 but her MNL was told to leave the room? I had a split reservation, so I had to change rooms the last day. That was my fault, not the hotels. They could not have been more helpful. The review by Stiscuba is odd because there is no swinging light over the check in desk. Sun2day's review makes not sense to me given my experience. Slugs up the wall? Really! Slugs (and I grew up in the country) if they were there, would have come in on the person or their luggage. No slug is going to make it into the hall, down the hallway, into the door...

One of the reason's all trip advisor reviews are always suspect (including this one I as well) is unlike another review site, you don't have to stay there to write a review. Competitors can use TA as a "marketing tool."

All I can say is, as a comedian who travels more than 100+ days a year, I would stop here anytime I am in the area. I would suggest it to my friends...my relatives.

I sign off totally confused about the other reviews but glad I picked this hotel.

Room Tip: Get 140-136. They are at the end of the hall and right next to an entrance. Although hotel is next t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gid P
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We made reservations at this hotel four days before our scheduled arrival. We got there at 4:00. And a housekeeping representative literally told my 86 year old mother-in-law to get out of the room. We simply asked for another room and was told there were no more. We are currently investigating. Another bad review follows.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel - any hotel but this one!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was in town for an event and stayed at this hotel because of price and location. The hotel was very busy but the person working the desk was in control of the place. She was very nice but noted that someone was jumping off the bed upstairs as she noticed a light moving around. She helped us get checked in and then headed off to the room to have a nice chat. I really appreciated her directness to take care of the situation but also treated the person that came to the door very nicely. She was clearly experienced with making the place run smoothly.
Once checked in we relaxed and watched TV. Everything in the room worked like it is intended and the bed was very comfortable. The price I paid was very reasonable for the quality/cleanliness of the hotel. I would stay again if in the area.
The only minor issue I had was the breakfast was towards the lower end of the hotels offering hot and cold food items. That said, there was hot food and it was included in price. Can't complain about that.

Room Tip: If you get a parking lot view room, you will need to pull the heavy curtains as the lights in the lo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stlscuba
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is an update to my earlier reviews of this property.

I really regret having to write this negative review since most of the staff has been wonderfully friendly and efficient. However, that is not the only element in running a good hotel, important as that is. I have stayed at this property, on average, twice a year since they opened as a Comfort Inn, for two nights each time. In addition, my sister also books her own room here for the same nights. Between us, that’s an average of 8 room nights per year. I’d say that’s a pretty loyal guest.

Our first night of this stay was fine. The room was humid, but the air conditioner did a great job of at least getting it cool, so the humidity was less of an issue and not worth calling the front desk about. However, when we returned late in the evening of the second night, we noticed four slugs on the wall. We alerted the front desk and they came in and removed the slugs and said they would treat the outside with salt. She said, “the slugs just love this room. I don’t know what it is about this room—they don’t come into any of the other rooms”. My sister and brother-in-law were there at the time also and he said maybe it was the fountain right outside the window that was attracting and keeping the slugs there and that maybe they should get an exterminator to get rid of them for good. She said they’ve done that and it hasn’t solved the problem. She also said they were fully booked and had no rooms to move us to. It was after 11 pm and too late for my daughter and I to try to start driving back or try to find a hotel with an available room. About 30-45 minutes later we saw another slug, again called the front desk and asked that since they treated the outside with salt or whatever, is there something they could treat the inside of the room with to discourage them from coming in. She came back and sprayed Raid around the window, on the wall and the baseboards. Needless to say, between breathing Raid fumes all night and envisioning slugs falling off the wall and onto the bed, I was not able to get any sleep. On checking out in the morning, I reported the problem to the day person and she gave me a very insulting $10 credit on the bill. Not a good way to treat a loyal, repeat guest.

I called Choice Hotels corporate , who called the Benton Comfort Inn and spoke with someone there who was aware of the slugs in Room 131. She said they did see one (it was 4 the first time, 1 the second time later that night) and they treated with salt outside and have not seen or had any other reports of slugs in that room since we checked out. I contend that since they claim this is the only room with a slug problem, and this is the only room with a fountain right outside the window, why has no one thought of turning off or moving the fountain away from the building. In any event, I don’t think they should be renting out Room 131 to anyone until they have resolved this slug problem. Nonetheless, this will no longer be my first choice hotel when visiting family (even though it’s by far the closest), and I most certainly would never agree to be put in Room 131 again. It will be worth it to me to stay at a hotel in Paducah and drive the half hour back and forth in order to stay somewhere slug free.

I can't give service, cleanliness, sleep quality and value a higher rating because of the problem I had. Regrettable, since I've liked this hotel very much in the past.

Room Tip: Don't accept Room 131 until the slug problem is solved.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank sun2day
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were here for one night. We had a room with a king size bed. The bed was very comfortable. Seemed to be a good, quality mattress. The room was very neat and clean. The staff was helpful and friendly and suggested a good restaurant for dinner. The breakfast room was clean & well stocked.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
Kentucky Dam Village State Park
#2 of 2 in Calvert City
Hampton Inn by Hilton Kuttawa/Eddyville
Hampton Inn & Suites Murray
Best Western University Inn

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Benton – Draffenville? Share your experiences!