Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel was nice. We reserved a queen suite room for 3 adults and 1 child. The room was non-smoking but for some reason the hallway was so smelly with cigarette smoke for the whole stay. Everytime our room door was open, it brought in the very strong smell of cigarettes. Also, the elevator and main floor had a strong PineSol smell. Very strong. Weird experience.

Overall the hotel was nice and clean and the staff was friendly. I didn't eat the breakfast but it had waffles (make your own) and a hot food bar (limited).

They also have an indoor heated pool where they provide the towels. It was empty and nice.

The hotel is down the street from the Newport on the Levee and right next to the bridge to go to Cincinnati. Very nice location to go to the Newport Aquarium - not walking distance (unless you like to walk several blocks).

Room Tip: 3rd floor hallway was filled with cigarette smell. The largest room they offer is the Double Queen...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night. We specifically chose this hotel since it was near the All American Ballpark and we were going to an afternoon Red's game. Since the game was a 12:30 pm game, the hotel let us park in their free parking lot while we went to the game. Very nice. There is a shuttle that picks up right across the street and goes to the ballpark and other places around Cincinnati. We had plenty of time, so we walked to the Levee and then across the Purple Peoples Bridge. It was a nice walk. The hotel was clean, the breakfast good, and the pool was Freezing. We did have a problem with the WIFI. My Kindle Fire would only log in down in the lobby and my husband's IPAD never did log in...they had a 10 step direction sheet for the IPAD to log in...ridiculous. They also could have left open the breakfast room for people to sit in as the lobby was small. We would return as the location was great.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I booked this room thru CincinnatiUSA.com with the promise of half off Reds baseball tickets and since I was planning that getaway, it sounded like a great deal. You have to book the room first through Cincy.USA website and they give you a code to put in for the baseball tickets so once you book the room there is no going back. When you go on the Reds website and look for tickets, it looks like plenty of good seats are available until you put the code in and over half of them disappear leaving nosebleed and bleacher seats. Holiday Inn is not at fault for this but just be warned if this is your intent. Our first impression was good as we entered the lobby and one poor clerk was checking in a long line of people all arriving at the same time. She remained calm and was fast, efficient and friendly. When I booked this room through a 3rd party I was not given the option of a non-smoking room but I've stayed in smoking rooms before with no problem. When we exited the elevator on the 3rd floor, we noticed an unidentifiable overpowering "sour" odor. When we entered our room on the 3rd floor, we were hit with another powerful odor of years and years of stale smoke. Once your nose gets used to the smell, it seems to subside but everytime we entered the 3rd floor hallway or our room, we were met with these horrible odors. As far as the room itself, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I left a note for the maid when our hair dryer did not work and I had a new one that day so they were very accommodating. The breakfast was okay as far as hotel breakfast goes -- my husband is the sausage gravy judge and he said it was very good. The shuttle service was just across the street and took us to the ballpark for the game and back and forth to Newport where we enjoyed all the entertainment at Newport on the Levee and Goetta Fest. I don't know what the odor was like on the second floor but if you book here, request not to be placed on the 3rd floor - our clothing reeked when we got home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
kentucky
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotels location is great. We were there for a Reds game and caught a shuttle bus from the hotel straight to the ballpark for $1 -- that's a pretty nice perk if you're coming in for the game.

Things I wished for: the lobby is way too small; made it seem stuffy and crowded on arrival, with nowhere to go to spillover. It also was very hot and muggy in the lobby. It was clean enough, I guess, but certainly not sparkling, and that includes in the rooms.

The biggest issue (we all agreed) was the lukewarm shower water. None of the 3 of us could get it hot, which made for a less-than-pleasant shower.

The cleaning staff hung out outside our room complaining about having to be at work so early since "ain't none of these people leaving til they have to."

Finally, the front desk couldn't recommend any good breakfast place! She suggested Frisch's, and when I said we were looking for something a little nicer suggested Bob Evans. When I said "anything that's not a chain?" she said she could not think of anything. I know that's not a big deal but I expect to be able to get some assistance regarding local places.

I will say the elevator moves quickly.

• Stayed August 2012
Eaton, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was shocked to find out that our room costs 242.00 with a AAA discount. I have stayed at just as nice hotels for the a third of that price. It was a horrible feeling to not have anywhere to go with my mother and young son that was cheaper. The room was clean and nice but nothing worth 242. I recommend looking around and trying to find something more affordable. No matter what your profession is I think that this is a ridiculous price.

Besides the price. There were women out front of the building from 6 pm to 1 in the morning. They were pretty girls but it seemed odd to me.

There is a lot of nightlife down at the levee so people were slamming door coming in all hours of the night. Kind of hard to sleep

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Vi S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and I regret you were not fully satisfied with the rate you paid. Although your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Booneville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 24, 2012

By son and I stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Bellevue on Friday July 20, 21, and 22 for the Reds Games. Everything was fine except on the second night we had been out of our hotel from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. that night. Within five minutes of returning to our room we received a phone call on the hotel phone. A gentlemen by the name of "James" stated that he was with the hotel and their computer system was down and he needed to get some information from me over the phone. I told him that I would just come down to the front desk. He assured me that I didn't have to go to that trouble--but I was not about to give any information out over the phone. I went to the front desk and the lady said that their computer system was working fine and she did not know of any James that worked there. She did say that someone had called and asked for my room number and she put them through. This concerned me since I was a female traveling alone with my young son--that someone might have been watching us. The front desk did not seemed concerned over this matter. I even checked the next day to see if anyone else in the hotel hd complained about any calls--and they sid no and that they had given the manager a note about my experience. The manager never bothered to talk to me about this and when I checked out it was not mentioned.

3 Thank Verly123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Verly123,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bellevue and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I would like to thank you for letting us know of the issue you had experienced. The information you shared with us will help us determine the necessary measure to prevent this from happening to other guest in our hotel.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Zanesfield, OH
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here one night in a suite room. Room was clean and very big. Breakfast was good. The staff was super nice and helpful. Only complaint was that the pool was too cold :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Newport
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati? Share your experiences!