“Hairs in Food, insulting manager...go elsewhere”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 8, 2012

consider other choices in Cincinnati, this was a creepy experience and we rarely complain about our meals,,,but we both found several hairs in our food...the manager asked if we brought in the hairs just to get a free meal...we hadnt even started to eat when we discovered the issue...we felt insulted and paid our appetizer tab and got the h^ll out of there,,,,creepy manager and he totally blew the opportunity to make it a postive experience....spend your dollars somwhere else where customers are appreciated....

1  Thank keithmallon

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Who knew that a seafood place would be 95% fried food, I found that very odd. They had a few steam pot dinners but I went for the $18 grilled fish with vegetables. I wasn't familiar with the type of fish and after a few bites from the thin end I started to get to the middle...it was warm but not flaky like other fish so my Husband called over the server. I explained I wasn't familiar with this type of fish but it was hard to put my fork through and asked her what she thought, she didn't answer and said she would get the manager. The manager arrived and I showed her how difficult it was to cut through and asked her if this type of fish was supposed to be this way and she just said "I will get you another piece of fish" and didn't elaborate. Now I sat and wondered if this fish isn't cooked and it was touching my vegetables was I going to get sick (and I was on vacation). She didn't bother to remove the whole plate in front of me or tell me it would make me sick so I ate the vegetables the furthest away from it. When the new piece of fish came out I cut into the middle of it right away and it was nice and flaky so I know the other piece was not cooked enough. My Husband ordered the fish and chips and the 2 pieces of fish were the size of 2 overgrown french fries and his plate was $16, it was almost laughable that our bill came to $102 tip included with 4 drinks (spiked ice tea $8.50 each) and the drinks were the best part of the meal. We will never visit another Joe's Crab Shack ever again...very, very disappointing.

1  Thank Josie G
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I thought the food quality and service was good... Has a tourist-trap theme deal going on, but I wasn't disappointed with it. Give it a try.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We went with a large group from our daughter's fifth grade field trip, so maybe that was the reason for the slow service.

I got the shrimp appetizer (12 shrimp) but the shrimp were dry. For my main course, I got the hamburger with the onion petals and shrimp called the "surf and turf". It was HUGE! Very tasty too.

The place offered a nice view... it is RIGHT on the river. Nice place for kids to eat and get loud.... ummm... un-wind... after a long day touring the city.