“Disappointing Fish, Noisy, decent view”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you think Red Lobster is good then you won't mind this restaurant. But if you've eaten at really quality fish places, you'll be disappointed. And when you add to that a ton of hard surfaces and young waiters who like to dance to loud music, you have a really unsettling experience. I guess if you drank a few alcoholic beverages, it would probably seem much more tolerable, but I would rather order a fish sandwich from Frisch's down the street than suffer one minute inside Joe's Crab Shack.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We arrived to Joe's Crab Shack around 2 pm in the afternoon, On a Saturday, after a nice day at the Newport Aquarium..I know...Irony..anway...it was half full of people. No reason for us to have had to wait the 20 minutes we did to be seated. The place was filthy, the service was terrible. The waitress tried her best I would guess but she surely needed some pointers. The food was less than desireable but my husband loved it..His kind of place..One thing I can say is that the view of the Ohio River right outside from our table was very enjoyable. The Price of the Check was outrageous. I will not be going back anytime soon. very ran down and not pleasing.

1  Thank Jodie P
Reviewed March 4, 2012

i had a samual adams roster it was real bad cold. lobster was reheated so much
it was dryed out the corn was black with rot iam not kidding.it was that bad.
thay did only charge me half price. that still did not make it better sorry will not go back.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have eaten here approximately three times and have had two bas experiences. First one was a used/squeezed lemon was inside my husbands hamburger (and no that was not part of the recipe!), second time ordered stuffed mushrooms and there were eggshells or bones in the mixture. The most recent time was in February 2012 and although there were no mishaps, the food was just okay as usual and forgot that smoking was permitted in Kentucky, which is something of the past in Ohio. Didn't like eating whilst people smoked all around me. The place is always packed and mixed drinks are overpriced-they give you a cup to keep that your drink comes in...and if you order multiple...you pay for several! I only went because it was my inlaws birthdays, but I would never go here on my own accord. It is like the McDonald's of seafood.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Joe's is located on the Ohio River, just east of downtown Cincinnati. Sit by the windows for great views. Lunch was not crowded, service was great, server was very friendly. I thought the food was a great value as well as delicious.