All reviewsone nightlast weekwi fifishthe red river gorgecampgroundfieldcamperstwinclimberscampingcanoeshowerroaddownstairsporchtents
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I've stayed at Linda's several times over the past 8 or so years. All prior experiences with Lago Linda's have been great.

The most recent visit was overcrowded with noisy neighbors. Since there is no limit to how many people can be at one campsite, large groups packed themselves in right next to my husband and I. We like to enjoy peace and quiet in the evening after climbing, but instead we listened to our neighbors basically yell (talk) to each other. The campground was crowded with a rowdier group of people than what I have ever experienced.

I suggest having quiet hours start at 10 instead of 11 and limiting people per site to maybe 6.

Next time I will camp in the wild away from people or I will get a cabin.

Room Tip: Stay in Lazy Oaks loop for a more quiet campsite- away from the feild and the cooking area.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here. I camped in the field, and had no issues. It was fun to cook in the communal area, and hear people talk about their climbs from the day before and making plans for the day. It was closer to some climbing areas that I had yet to go to before, so it was nice to explore new places near by.

Room Tip: if you want an actual camp site, you should probably register in advance, but camping in the field was just fine too.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Was here over Memorial Day weekend. All campsites were full by the time I arrived that evening. Luckily, someone in our group got a last minute cancellation (& they arrived around 15:00) so we got a shaded campsite on the main, gravel loop road. I like that they charge per person vs. campsite, because it allowed us to fit 4 tents and a hammock on the site. I think it was $10/per person/per night. If we had to camp in the field (which is overflow) there is NO SHADE. nor any for your vehicle, which would have to be left on the outskirts of the field.

Fire rings and trash cans were at each campsite. I'm not sure if there is another washroom, however the one at the entrance has one shower + 2 toilets + 2 sinks. It's a bit tight inside so if this is the only washroom it's definitely not ample. There is an area near the entrance that sells a few necessities. I don't require much when camping, but I'd definitely stay here again.

Very close to PMRP!

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2016

We stayed for two nights over the Memorial Day weekend at the Breezy Point cabin. The setting of the cabin is perfect. The view is fantastic. The deck is large and it gets shade in the afternoon around 3:00 so it feels really nice. The star gazing is wonderful and the froggy serenade is too. It was nice too have the use of a (slightly leaky) canoe right outside the door too!

My only problems are with the interior of the cabin. The kitchen worked fine and was pretty well equipped. The downstairs bathroom however, had issues. The shower leaks, items fall off the shelf in the shower and it also has a slippery floor. The water comes out like a fire hose. The toilet is so loud and long when it flushes that it is startling, and not fun for the shy and modest-or for those trying to sleep. Sine this is the only shower it really should be improved. The bedrooms were fine but he fitted sheet never stayed on through the night. If you like a light and bright place, I counted 8 light sources-just in the loft bedroom! The décor was old and the whole place needed sweeping and dusting.

Really I feel that this is a good value, and I would love to go back-it just needs a little more TLC.

Room Tip: Breezy Point is the least steep option for going down to the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovetogo2662
Reviewed April 12, 2016

One of the most peaceful places we've ever visited. The hiking is fabulous! From clifftop views to waterfalls and small stream wading. Small lake with great fishing and roomy campgrounds. Clean cabins, showers and restaurant. Owner, Linda Black is very interesting...being from Liverpool, England...with her thick British accent. I could listen to her talk for hours!

Room Tip: Try the Chalet, it's view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends