“Very comfortable, very clean.”

Hampton Inn Bardstown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Very comfortable, very clean.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very clean and very comfortable room. It's in the perfect location for doing business in Bardstown. I will definitely stay here next trip. There is a great little Italian place across the street will deliver to your room! The hotel also has a helpful book of nearby attractions and tours to check out. I definitely plan to take advantage of some highlights of Bardstown next trip.

Room Tip: The elevators are in the middle of the hotel and corridors make for long walks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear kdsale,

Thank you for staying with us recently. I appreciate your kind comments on your stay at the Hampton Inn. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Rebecca's Pepperoni Grille (the Italian Restaurant across the street).
Please come back to Bardstown to visit. We would love having you stay again at the Hampton Inn!

Ted Burunoff, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent two nights here while touring the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Our room was very nice, although I didn't like the short, soft pillows. The free breakfast each morning was good with a lot of choices. Our only complaint was having a room so far away from the lobby and breakfast room. In fact, we were all the way down the long corridor and then around to the right!

We had read about the long corridor, so when we arrived, we asked for a room closer to the front of the hotel and were told none were available. The front desk clerk said most of the king non-smoking rooms were in the rear of the hotel. Both couples we were traveling with arrived later than us and got rooms near the front of the hotel, so the clerk actually lied to us!

Room Tip: Request a king non-smoking room near the front of the hotel BEFORE you arrive.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear bkatona,
Thank you for your very nice comments regarding your recent experience in Bardstown. We appreciate that you stayed at the Hampton Inn while visiting the sites on the KY Bourbon Trail.
I apologize that the location of your room was not satisfactory. I am unsure of the specifics of your particular situation, but we try very hard to satisfy every guest every time. I feel bad that we could not accommodate your request. Please stay with us again so that we can demonstrate our committment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Was in Bardstown on business for 4 days during week of January 7. Hampton is not the only hotel in Bardstown but is the best and I have stayed there several times during the past 2 years. The only draw-back is if you have a room towards rear of hotel - the longest hall that I have seen outside of Vegas. I used my Hilton Honors status to get an upgrade to a King suite - fantastic double-sized room with sitting area, fireplace, and whirlpool tub. Staff is nice and accomodating.

Room Tip: Ask for room towards front of hotel. Main hall is approx. 120 yards long.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear kiteman51,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your experiences at the Hampton Inn of Bardstown. I quite agree with your comment about being the best hotel in town! Thank you. I chuckled about your comparison of our Hampton to a "Vegas" hotel! Our housekeepers "thank" the building architect daily for their cardio workouts while walking our corridors!
I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Had a a wonderful stay and great breakfast! The staff was very pleasant and helpful- recommended a great restaurant (Bourbon City Bistro) for supper. Some of the hotel rooms were under renovation- which did not affect our stay. Super clean and very comfortable bed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear BRbeachers,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Bardstown!
You are welcome back any time!
DCA
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Check-in/Check-Out - A+
When I arrived, they already had everything prepared for check-in, just needed my name. Check-out didn't even require a stop at the desk.

Room - C
There were numerous entrances so it was easy to park close to the rooms. The room itself was nothing special. The bed and pillows were okay. The desk chair was pretty well worn. I also had issues with my phone charger not working in most of the outlets. I thought the walls seemed thin. My co-worker was in the room next to me and when I would call him, I could hear his phone ringing through the wall. I told him about my phone call with another co-worker, and he said "I know, I heard." This did not become a major issue for me, but I imagine it could depending on your neighboring rooms.

Bathroom - A
The bathroom was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn, but this is one of the few hotels I've been in where it looks like housekeeping and done a good job scrubbing the entire bathroom and not just parts of it.

Location - B
The hotel was easy to locate. I enjoyed the restaurant Rebecca's Pepperoni Grill directly across the street, that stays open late. The local attractions aren't too far away and there are lots of signs.

Value - B
From the pictures of the local hotels, this was the one I preferred, even though it was the most expensive. I was satisfied with the additional cost, I would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We arrived into Bardstown pretty late and the first thing I noticed as we were driving through Bardstown was the smell! It was wonderful! Sweet smell (great candle scent)! The hotel was was clean and well appointed. Our room was fine (it's a Hampton) and was well maintained. We did not have any issues with mildew, or old room feel. It was recently updated and felt clean and comfortable. The only con, is that the hotel is not in the quaint downtown.

For some distillery recommendations, I would visit Willett (great boutique feel, however it was pretty annoying paying for a tasting and then having the host use a measuring cup to measure our samplings), Buffalo Trace (great! - no measuring here!) we also went to Barton's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jody_Brookshire
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Rooms were very clean, and quiet, even though they were having some rennovations being done. The staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was better than some hotels because of the different variety. Overall great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank TaraLynn74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
#2 of 18 in Elizabethtown
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville

Been to Hampton Inn Bardstown? Share your experiences!