“Everything I expect from Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Bardstown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Rooms are clean, service was excellent. Breakfast was good, well stocked. My only complaint is that I asked for a room away from the elevator and not on the ground floor, while the room I got was both of those things, the door for the stairway was broken. Instead of shutting softly, it slammed shut all night.

Room Tip: Not near stairs, stair door slammed closed all night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Bardstown

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Tired after a long day of travel, we pulled up to this hotel and were thrilled that they had a room at a good (AAA) rate for us. I just wish we'd left the luggage in the car because it was at the end of a VERY LONG corridor. Would have been easier just to move the car to the end of the hotel.

The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. All that we needed for a good night. No complaints at all. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Just leave the luggage in the car until you know where your room is... LONG hallways.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Whenever I return to the area to visit family, I always end up staying at the Hampton. I've compared many of the others for price and value and while the Hampton is generally a little higher than the other similar hotels, it has always been the cleanest, freshest hotel and while I've tried a couple of the others, it's only the Hampton from here on out. The rooms and pool are clean and the breakfast is great. The desk staff consistently are efficient but not terribly friendly. You get what you pay for and this is worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Bardstown is a small town with a ton of charm and history. I was on a very short business trip with less than a full day so I didn't want to be distracted or disappointed by the hotel. And I wasn't. The Hampton Inn sits right off a very busy intersection just a couple of miles from the historic heart of the town. Not convenient to walk but an easy drive, and there always seemed to be plenty of parking in old Bardstown. I reserved a King Studio Suite with in-room jacuzzi to see what it looked like. The room is two regular rooms with the center dividing wall partially blown out. The jacuzzi is super huge, dominating the sitting room part of the suite. And the jacuzzi sits under a bunch of track lights, so if you've ever wondered what it would be like to perform on stage in a jacuzzi, then this is your chance! It seemed a little strange, to be honest, but not when you're in the jacuzzi enjoying it. The sitting room also had a flat screen TV, same as the bedroom side, but I could never get both of them to work. the front desk had to reset something and one TV would work,but if I turned on the other one I would have to call down and have it reset again. So my dreams of watching TV in the jacuzzi were dashed. the sitting room side also had a fireplace, and was really comfy and cozy. This was my first stay in a Hampton Inn, so I didn't really grasp the lack of a restaurant, but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom modern and attractive. they also provided several towels, which was my experience at several Hampton Inns since then. That is such a bonus as sometimes two people need more than two towels. The air conditioner is of the wall/window mount variety, which was noisier than it should have been, but not enough to disturb sleep. Overall, the hotel was a pleasant surprise and a good introduction to the Hampton brand.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank kapohokine
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed there in June. Bardstown is a small town with limited places to stay. We came for a summer concert. The hotel was within a few miles of pretty much everything in Bardstown. The staff was extremely helpful in giving directions to various places. The room was clean. I've discovered that most Hampton Inn's breakfasts are similar, but that is not a negative because it's usually pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian_of_Cleveland
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Good property in the heart of the bourbon trail and close to a number of golf courses. The front desk person was a little disinterested but did get a room upgrade after declining the handicap accessible room. I think this might be the same person as described in a previous review. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank drtravels
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel is old and beat up. The price was higher than I have paid at other much nicer and newer Hampton inns. I had to eventually turn the air conditioner off due to the fact it sounded like we were sleeping next to an airport it was so loud. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank t i
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
#1 of 18 in Elizabethtown
Comfort Suites Elizabethtown
Comfort Suites Elizabethtown
#3 of 18 in Elizabethtown

Been to Hampton Inn Bardstown? Share your experiences!