“In the mood for some Mexican? You gotta go here! Best in every way.”
Review of El Camino Real Mexican Rest - CLOSED

El Camino Real Mexican Rest
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bardstown, KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In the mood for some Mexican? You gotta go here! Best in every way.”
Reviewed January 6, 2009

El Camino is great food! But be sure to check out their new twin restaraunt, El Jimador, down the road right off Hwy 245 (John Rowan Blvd.). It is the same menu, but this place is alot bigger, and only about a year old. Speaking for the both of them, If I had my way, this would be my restaurant of choice every time we ate out. You are greeted at the door with smiling faces on friendly, happy people. They have a way with making everyone who walks in feel at home. The staff is the best I have ever seen ANYWHERE! You can catch them literally running around doing their job, and you can tell they really do love what they do. They're all very friendly and helpful. The decorations are wonderful. What beautiful tables and chairs, all hand-carved and colorful, with each table having a theme. Bathrooms are gorgeous, not to mention clean. The food is wonderful and priced perfectly. You can get the lunch fajitas for less than $7, and it is plenty to share! The tea is wonderful. Fresh hot chips and salsa served while you wait for your food, which isn't very long at all. We always have a party of at least 10 when we go (with 3 very small kids) and always have our food within 20 minutes. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I'd choose El Jimador over El Camino just for the space and newness of the atmosphere. However, El Camino does have dollar taco night on Thursdays - chicken or beef - and they're delicious as always. And don't forget desert! They serve Choco Tacos here! And the favorite, Changos - think fried cheesecake with ice cream. YUM!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is probably my first pick to eat.”
Reviewed January 23, 2008

This is probably my first pick to eat.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook