All reviewspancake makerdressing areasausageroom was cleanhot breakfastshort stayroom fitreasonable ratesbagelsbarton distillerybourbon trailmotel stylewalking distance to townnice outdoor poolfront desk staff was very friendlyseparate buildingfridge and microwave
Reviewed September 25, 2017

It is old and the room smelled. The sheets and shower were clean. The front desk staff was nice but I won't stay again because of the smell. This should have been a $50 night, not $99. There is a good restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We travelled with two other couples. Our room and one other was clean and comfortable. Size was adequate. Breakfast was good and staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The third room was musty and bath had some mold and bugs.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017

When I laid back the top sheet on the bed, I found a cigarette lighter between the sheets in my non-smoking room indicating the bed had been hastily remade without changing sheets. I had to leave the door open for a while because a musty smell.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Apologies to hurt anyone's feeling but if you traditionally stay at Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, you will hate this place. Not only is it old and dirty, but the stink is somewhere between mold at the best and urine at the worst. Every time the AC in Room 111 kicked in, I swear someone had peed in it and the room refreshed with the stink of old urine again. And guess what, that room was actually better than the room on the back side I was in first which smelled horrible ALL the time. I (barely) slept with the covers over my head. I considered sleeping in my vehicle except for the creepy guy without a shirt on walking around gawking at everyone. No No and No. Drive 30 minutes, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! But I heard the place across the street was even worse - it looked horrible.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The General Nelson Inn in Bardstown, KY is a simple hotel that has very nice clean rooms at a great value. A free breakfast at the Carriage house on the hotel grounds is included in your room fee. The Inn is located centrally to many of the areas attractions, such as Stephen Foster's Old Kentucky home and park. The Stephen Foster Story musical performed at the park's amphitheatre is a must see!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have less street noise but all the rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple