$119
$162
$204
$105
Country Inn
All reviewssausagehot breakfastshort stayroom fitdressing arearoom was cleanbourbon trailbagelsbarton distillerymotel stylewalking distance to townnice outdoor poolfront desk staff was very friendlyreasonable ratesseparate buildinghard boiled eggsdecent breakfast
Reviewed September 15, 2017

When I laid back the top sheet on the bed, I found a cigarette lighter between the sheets in my non-smoking room indicating the bed had been hastily remade without changing sheets. I had to leave the door open for a while because a musty smell.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Apologies to hurt anyone's feeling but if you traditionally stay at Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, you will hate this place. Not only is it old and dirty, but the stink is somewhere between mold at the best and urine at the worst. Every time the AC in Room 111 kicked in, I swear someone had peed in it and the room refreshed with the stink of old urine again. And guess what, that room was actually better than the room on the back side I was in first which smelled horrible ALL the time. I (barely) slept with the covers over my head. I considered sleeping in my vehicle except for the creepy guy without a shirt on walking around gawking at everyone. No No and No. Drive 30 minutes, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! But I heard the place across the street was even worse - it looked horrible.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The General Nelson Inn in Bardstown, KY is a simple hotel that has very nice clean rooms at a great value. A free breakfast at the Carriage house on the hotel grounds is included in your room fee. The Inn is located centrally to many of the areas attractions, such as Stephen Foster's Old Kentucky home and park. The Stephen Foster Story musical performed at the park's amphitheatre is a must see!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have less street noise but all the rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the General Nelson Inn during our trip to Bardstown for the bourbon trail this weekend. The pictures on Trip Advisor's website are posted by "management" and did not portray the true cleanliness of the room we stayed in. There was mold on the floorboard strip leading into the bathroom, the shower was nasty (had hairs in it when we arrived, part of the floor was ripping up- so gross that we did not use the shower), there was dirt on the bathroom floor, and there were hair shavings in and around our sink. I also found a few hairs in our bed. I would definitely not stay here again. The hotel is old, but that is not an excuse for poor house keeping!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2017

This motel was clean, but quite old and a tad bit musty smelling. Bathroom was odd, real low ceilings, not much room. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was so-so. Within walking distance to town, restaurants, and bars.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends