“Beautiful room and scrumptious breakfast”
Review of Beautiful Dreamer

Beautiful Dreamer
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bardstown
Beautiful Dreamer
Ranked #6 of 10 Bardstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Wonderful experience in this beautiful, well-maintained B&B. Had a nice size room with canopy bed and a flat screen TV. There was even a step-stool to help short people like my wife to get onto the high bed. The hosts were very friendly; the breakfast was plentiful and delicious, complete with homemade sausage patties. The restaurant down the block, Kurtz's, has great regional food. The "Old Kentucky Home" across the street is well worth touring.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 1, 2009

If you want an elegant atmosphere with great service coupled with a convenient location, do NOT miss the Beautiful Dreamer Bed and Breakfast in Bardstown, Kentucky. The owners, Lynelle and Dan are truly gracious hosts and do everything they can to see that your stay there is a memorable one.

Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated, and immaculately clean, each having their own bathroom. We stayed in the Stephen Foster room on the first floor, but also were able to view the other three rooms that are part of this gorgeous B & B. Our room included two comfortable sitting chairs that faced a flatscreen TV and included a double-sink bathroom that had a two-person jacuzzi/shower.

Snacks were always available on th second floor and included various fruits, pretzels, chips, crackers, candy, pop, and bottled water. Homemade oatmeal cookies and candy awaited us in our room when we arrived.

The breakfast was all homemade by Lynelle and Dan and was served on beautiful china with candles on the table. The meal included homemade waffles, (with warm, homemade blueberry/blackberry syrup as well as maple and stawberry syrup) fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, homemade sausage, orange juice, and coffee. Our second day had a different menu, different table setting, and was also just as fabulous.

For those of you who might be pianists, their baby grand piano is there for guests to use and Lynelle has all kinds of music to chose from, so you don't even need to bring your own.

It was a wonderful experience and I would not hesitate to encourage anyone to choose the Beautiful Dreamer for their choice of lodging in Bardstown. it was well worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

After reading the reviews on the Beautiful Dreamer B & B, we booked a two night stay for our visit to Bardstown- We were not disappointed- The house was nicely arranged and decorated, fine parking, comfortable beds, kept immaculate, and large bathrooms (w/ plenty of hot water)- Hosts Dan and Lynell were very pleasant and accomodating- The breakfasts were the best I've had at any B & B (the only drawback, for us, was a strict 9 AM serving time- take this into consideration if you are early starters- we took walks or read on the beautiful porches)- No kids, pets, smoking was a definite plus- Very quiet/relaxing (only 4 units)- We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Stayed here for two nights off season. Was treated like royalty. The rooms are large, well appointed, the beds very comfortable, the jacuzzi in my room a gift from heaven. The ambience is upperclass Stephen Foster, and I liked it very much. Lynell, the proprietor, is an excellent cook. I was treated to the American equivalent of the full English breakfast, easily held me until midafternoon. The cost was proportionate to the quality—not cheap, but if you're in this price range, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Of all the B&B's we have stayed at, this one is by far and away, the best. The owners are a retired couple who are the loveliest people you will ever meet. They go out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable in their home. The rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable and extremely clean. Large deck that is nice to sit on in the evening and relax by watching cars go by and listening to the bells. Fridge upstairs full of pops and water and always freshly baked cookies out for enjoyment. Baby Grand piano in the parlor downstairs that is available for you to play. Parlor is also a nice place to just relax and read a book or magazine as there are plenty availble to choose from. Breakfast is absolutely outstanding! I promise you will not leave hungry; it is worth the price alone. Breakfast served family style around a large table where some very interesting conversations always end up taking place. This was our 4th stay here and are already talking about a 5th maybe this winter. Two words sum up this B&B... STAY HERE!!!!. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

The innkeepers at this inn are the most wonderful people ever. My mother and I stayed here and were only supposed to stay one night. However, we ended up staying another two nights because it was so wonderful. The breakfast was awesome and they have the best coffee I've ever had, I'm not a coffee drinker but I couldn't resist it. It was very clean and I feel like I am now spoiled and may have a hard time finding anywhere else I stay up to those standards.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I have stayed in Bardstown a couple of times and Beautiful Dreamer was amazing. I highly recommend staying here. You can't beat the rooms and the service is amazing. The house is directly across from My Old Kentucky Home and you can hear the bells playing Stephen Foster music. The house has two decks large enough to fit a dozen people comfortably. We spent much of our time "hanging out" on the upstairs deck admiring the view. If you are going to the Bourbon Trail or need to be near Louisville, you should stay here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
Hampton Inn Bardstown
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
#1 of 18 in Elizabethtown
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Beautiful Dreamer? Share your experiences!