“Beautifully done~”

and up
Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries Tour from Louisville
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Bardstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Heaven Hill Distillery Bourbon Heritage Center is a 4-time Visitor Attraction of the Year winner. Enjoy the art of making whiskey on one of our tours, as our Bourbon hosts guide you through the history of Bourbon, introduce you to the Heaven Hill family, and lead you through an educational tasting of American Whiskey mashbills.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

On our journey to Makers Mark Distillery, we came upon Heavenly Hill and decided to stop~so happy we did. While they offered tours, we had one planned later that day at Makers Mark, so decided to just enjoy the heritage center. The center had a wonderful history of Kentucky bourbon and the displays were well done. If you are interested, be sure to give yourself time to spend at the exhibits. While we were here, the woman at the information desk kindly explained the bourbon trail passport and we were well on our way to earning our passport stamps. The gift shop was great!~so many fun items to choose from. We did not walk away empty handed. If you are in the area, definitely stop for a visit. You will be glad you did.

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"nice facility"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had groupon for a 50 dollar tour for 2. Called to make appointment. Was told trolley was not running but that I would get rest of distillery tour I paid for. Drove over an hour and was offerred a 12 dollar tour with a bag of goodies (2 btles water and a nutter butter bar with some coasters), a 10 dollar credit to their gift shop, and an even more incomplete tour (no warehouse). I asked for coupon to come back again rather than tour that day and instead of 50 dollar tour I had paid for, and was expecting, was given a voucher for same 12 dollar tour I had turned down. What a waste of my time, and what terrible PR. Do not give these jerks your time or money...they cant do math and are not honoring their deals. Skip this tour. Not worth dealing with dishonest people.

1  Thank gaileedan
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was the first distillery we stopped in on our Bourbon Trail exploration day. We stopped in after sort of exploring Bardstown a little on our own. I wish we had stopped in the distillery first. Among their tour offerings was a narrated trolley tour around town. We saw the trolley as we were walking by the Civil War Museum and Bardstown Village. It sounded entertaining and I wanted to do it but my husband was hungry and wanted to get lunch and we'd just missed the most recently departed tour and the next one was in about 1/2 hr so...Plus he said we'd already gone around the town so why do it again? (Ugh!)

We ended up not taking a distillery tour either (only because my husband was that hungry and the tour would last an hour) but we did read the exhibits in the center and browsed the gift shop. I thought the history they presented just in the center was fascinating. Very interesting look at so many facets of whiskey's impact on and result of American history...from our country's origins through Prohibition and into the present day. Very well done on that front.

I also thought their gift shop was very well laid out and am kicking myself I didn't buy the chocolate bourbon balls there. Oh well. Reason to go back!

And of course the warehouses intrigued me. I didn't hear about them being haunted, but they looked creepy. Loved the spooky atmosphere they emulated!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Awesome history lesson in the making of bourbon. This is a can't miss on the bourbon road tour. The tour was very educational and professionally run. Military are free which is nice and I am very appreciative of the respect and honor they show our veterans and Soldiers. Thanks team.