“Interesting tour”

and up
Bourbon Trail Tour to Jim Beam, Heaven Hill and Barton
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Bardstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Heaven Hill Distillery Bourbon Heritage Center is a 4-time Visitor Attraction of the Year winner. Enjoy the art of making whiskey on one of our tours, as our Bourbon hosts guide you through the history of Bourbon, introduce you to the Heaven Hill family, and lead you through an educational tasting of American Whiskey mashbills.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Bourbon tour was interesting and informative,the highlight of course was the tasting of the different products.The warehousing side of business was a large part of the tour and it is a pity that distillation is no longer done at the premises,The museum is well worth a visit as is the gift shop.All in all well worth the effort.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were in Bardstown, camping at the old ky home state park and headed to Louisville. We heard there were some better tours than Heaven Hill but we were short on time. We did the mini-tour, $3, and it was mostly enjoyable because the tour guide Bob, think his name was Bob (vertically challenged, bald, ex-school teacher, married) was a hoot! He really knew how to drink. I mean, he really knew how to drink bourbon (and single malt scotch). He was very informative and really entertaining. If you go, ask for Bob.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very interesting museum. The tour has a lot of information but only goes through the warehouse where there is 20,000 barrels of bourbon ageing. There is tasting available at the end of the tour.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The bourbon tour was good and the gift shop was excellent. Very informative. Rainy so well couldn't go outside.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I want to start my review by saying that I reviewed this last April and gave it a poor review. I gave them a second chance with this visit and they did such a great job that I had to post a new review.

I signed up ahead of time for the $25 Behind the Scenes tour for my husband and I. We have toured many distilleries but find that we learn something at each one. We signed up for the Monday afternoon tour assuming that since the Bourbon Festival started later in the week it would be full. Imagine our surprise when we arrived to find out it was just us with our tour guide Fred. He started by showing us where the bourbon comes in on a tanker truck and gets put into the barrels. (Remember, they distill offsite so you can't see that part). We got to see the warehouse, the dump room (where they actually suck the bourbon out of the barrels), the bottling line, and then my favorite - the tasting room. Part of the Behind the Scenes tour is that we got to pick what bourbons we wanted to taste instead of just getting their standard bourbons. The entire tour was 3 hours long - a perfect amount of time to see everything.

Fred was an awesome tour guide. He was so knowledgable and patient while we looked around and took pictures. I had made a joke about wanted my certificate to have 'awesome' in my name and when he gave it to me it had it as my middle name. While I probably would not go back on this tour since I saw everything I will recommend it to all my friends and to you!!