“Our last great stop on the trail”

Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$129.00*
and up
Full-Day Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Bardstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Heaven Hill Distillery Bourbon Heritage Center is a 4-time Visitor Attraction of the Year winner. Enjoy the art of making whiskey on one of our tours, as our Bourbon hosts guide you through the history of Bourbon, introduce you to the Heaven Hill family, and lead you through an educational tasting of American Whiskey mashbills.
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Very clean facility, excellent staff, very tasty bourbon!!! I wanted the $500 fifth!!!

1  Thank rynodyno12

Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I did this distillery twice because they have two different tours. We came one day and did one and came back the next day and did the other. Both were great. They have a beautiful testing room. Bourbons were good. They have several some better then others. Great visitors center. This place is definately for tourist. More so then the other distilleries we visited. Cheers!

3  Thank LisaWayne
Reviewed September 8, 2011

In my experience, the people of Kentucky are magnificent with regards to hospitality ad friendliness, and Heaven Hill was no exception! The tour guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and seemed genuiney interested in where were from and how we were enjoying Kentucky. She even knew someone from my country!

The tour was interesting and definitely a highlight on our trip to Bardstown (which we found to be a charming and very friendly town). Interesting, because I wouldn't call myself a 'bourbon enthusiast' by any means. However, our guide was both informative and entertaining, causing us to really engage with the process and I even ended up buying some! We'll definitely be back!

2  Thank kiwi_wanderer81
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was our first stop on our Bourbon Trail tour. We haven't taken a distillery tour until this one. The Bourbon Heritage center is very nice. We were greeted warmly as soon as we walked in. As we waited for our tour to begin we strolled through the lobby to look over all of the pictures and historical items on the walls. It was interesting and kept us occupied until our tour started. Restrooms were right there to use before the tour started which was nice.

The tour started in a nice, large theater room to view a 7 minute or so movie on the history of bourbon and Heaven Hill. After that our tour guide took us on a short walk across the road to one of their rick houses. Our guide was well informed and the tour included an easy walk through the warehouse where he showed us a few of the tools used, a sniff directly from a barrel, and how the barrels are marked. Next we headed back to the Heritage center where our guide showed us a few more pieces of bourbon history. Then we were escorted into a private tasting room. We were able to sit at the bar as our guide explained the two different types of bourbon we would be tasting. They also went the extra length in explaining the art of smells. We had two tubes that we opened to practice smelling notes of certain spices and herbs before trying it with our bourbon. It was a lot of fun to experience that and use it to identify the different notes in our glass of bourbons. Then we were offered a bourbon ball that was absolutely delicious.

Not only can you take the distillery tour, but they have a trolley that can take visitors on tours as well. It would have been something I would have loved to do if we'd had the time. We really enjoyed the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center.

2  Thank TravelinMaggieJ
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I took the Heaven Hills trolley tour when we first arrived in Bardstown. It did a great job of showing us where the attractions are located and a little history behind them. The driver suggested we take the Heaven Hill tour and bourbon tasting and we are very happy we took her suggestion. The welcome center is very nice and the tour guide was well-informed. We loved walking through the buildings where the barrels of bourbon are stored and learning about the behind-the-scene details. The bourbon tasting was fun and relaxing. Best of all, the tour and tasting are free!

3  Thank Violet164