“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Historic Restaurant, Bar and Inn continuously in operation since 1779. Located in the heart of Bourbon Country. Proudly serving locally inspired food and drink. Try the best top shelf bourbons with our bourbon sampler. Dine in unique surroundings where the famous and infamous visited during their historic setting ventures.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Friends of ours had told us about the Old Talbott Tavern. After spending the day at Maker's Mark Distillery we headed to Talbott's. Our waitress was extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting some of their house favorites and offering many samples of their local beers. My favorite apply was the fried sampler. Being a pickle lover, the deep fried pickles and hot peppers were great. Our group also had a number of their sandwiches and when finished by all there was not a single complaint from anyone.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I live in Radcliff and haven't made it to Bardstown until Tuesday night. My friend and I sat in the Bar. It was a really nice experience. The bartender was very friendly and took the time to talk to us about Bardstown and some of the history of the Tavern. It was really interesting. We enjoyed some very good drinks and the bartender suggested some different bourbons for us to try. I forgot to get the bartenders name but she made it a lot of fun. Everyone was polite and they let us take a little tour. What a great experience. I recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went to the "Bourbon Bar" side of the restaurant, it was not very busy but then again it was a Tuesday evening. I ordered the Hot Brown which was good, and the bourbon selection was comprehensive. My server at the bar was a very nice young lady, but unfortunately the management did not train her how to make cocktails properly. I can forgive a badly made Old Fashioned pretty much anywhere, but in Bardstown? Anyway, it's worth the visit for the historical significance, and you can always order your bourbon neat!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The only good thing about this place was the hostess that seated us on time at 8:00 sharp. Spiraled down hill from there. The waitress was uninterested and proved that in her lack of skills. Wrong drinks, missing apps, and at 9:30 still hadn't got our food. When we told her to get our check we would be leaving she brought the bill, charging us for dinners we never got!!!! Didn't have a clue. Clearly in the wrong profession. Place might be historic but shouldn't be dumpy.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

So cool that this place is still standing. There's some artifacts to see upstairs and framed fact sheets hanging on the walls. I wish there was a little more, but totally worth the visit. Food was pretty good, bourbon mixed drinks even better! I would totally go back.