“Come for the history, go elsewhere for food”
Review of Old Talbott Tavern

Old Talbott Tavern
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Historic Restaurant, Bar and Inn continuously in operation since 1779. Located in the heart of Bourbon Country. Proudly serving locally inspired food and drink. Try the best top shelf bourbons with our bourbon sampler. Dine in unique surroundings where the famous and infamous visited during their historic setting ventures.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The pros: This is a neat little place with some great ambiance. The history of the bar is particularly interesting. I also thought the service was very good. The bourbon list was decent though not exceptional. That said, the pricing was fair and allowed for greater opportunities to try new things.

The cons: The food- bleh. At best, it was mediocre; at worst, it was bad. It is also very inconsistent between tables (we had a fried sampler and wound up with a plate full of batter bits; the people next to us ordered the same thing and had actual fried vegetables included in theirs). Other reviews seem to echo this theme - food is just not a strength at this place.

Conclusion: Go for a drink or two, but head elsewhere for edibles.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great food. Try the bourbontinni! Live bands every night we were there. Nice little gift shop. There is lodging here as well that is really nice.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped into the restaurant on our way to a concert last night. Service was very slow and when my burger arrived it was very under cooked. When I sent it back I had no idea it would take 30 minutes to get another one. My wife and other couple finished their meals well before my burger returned. The waitress apologized but offered no concessions. We won't be back any time soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This restaurant came as a recommendation of our hotel. We were very surprised by the decorate we felt like we were in Ireland. The decorator was very woody and rustic. We really liked it. Then we were greeted by a very nice waiter. Our service was great. The food was very good too. We had a Hot Brown and my husband had the ribeye which he said had a fantastic sauce. For dessert it was the cobbler which too my husband really enjoyed. Next time we pass by well will go out of our way to visit again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

A beautiful piece of history ,which is a must to see but the management of the restaurant is probably the worst I have ever experienced in my life of travels. If you know the phrase, running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, that would be the best description. The manager there needs a lesson in getting the most out of his employees. We waited 20 minutes to be waited on and another 30minutes to get food( that hadn't been ordered) I would say that everyone there honestly had Attention Disorder and no humbleness to admit that things were not running smoothly. On top of that the restaurant was not even half full so it was not a problem of trying to serve too many people. Anyway run to another restaurant if you are in Bardstown!

1  Thank H P