“Yummy”

Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic Restaurant, Bar and Inn continuously in operation since 1779. Located in the heart of Bourbon Country. Proudly serving locally inspired food and drink. Try the best top shelf bourbons with our bourbon sampler. Dine in unique surroundings where the famous and infamous visited during their historic setting ventures.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great food. Try the bourbontinni! Live bands every night we were there. Nice little gift shop. There is lodging here as well that is really nice.

There are newer reviews for Old Talbott Tavern

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped into the restaurant on our way to a concert last night. Service was very slow and when my burger arrived it was very under cooked. When I sent it back I had no idea it would take 30 minutes to get another one. My wife and other couple finished their meals well before my burger returned. The waitress apologized but offered no concessions. We won't be back any time soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This restaurant came as a recommendation of our hotel. We were very surprised by the decorate we felt like we were in Ireland. The decorator was very woody and rustic. We really liked it. Then we were greeted by a very nice waiter. Our service was great. The food was very good too. We had a Hot Brown and my husband had the ribeye which he said had a fantastic sauce. For dessert it was the cobbler which too my husband really enjoyed. Next time we pass by well will go out of our way to visit again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

A beautiful piece of history ,which is a must to see but the management of the restaurant is probably the worst I have ever experienced in my life of travels. If you know the phrase, running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, that would be the best description. The manager there needs a lesson in getting the most out of his employees. We waited 20 minutes to be waited on and another 30minutes to get food( that hadn't been ordered) I would say that everyone there honestly had Attention Disorder and no humbleness to admit that things were not running smoothly. On top of that the restaurant was not even half full so it was not a problem of trying to serve too many people. Anyway run to another restaurant if you are in Bardstown!

1  Thank H P
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Over the course of many years traveling thru Bardstown, I have eaten here numerous times. I wish I had skipped it on our most recent visit. I am a big fan of good country ham and enjoy the unique, salty taste. I ordered the “Country Ham Steak” with red eyed gray, homemade mashed potatoes-gravy, and green beans with ham for $11.95. I have never had a worse piece of country ham. It had absolutely no flavor and no salty taste that is special to country ham. The red eyed gravy had no flavor. The mashed potatoes were tasty but looked like they were plopped on the plate from an ice cream scoop. Green beans with ham was the best part of my meal. Also, I think the meal should have included some fresh rolls. My wife had the Bourbon BBQ Pork Sandwich for $8.95. There was a fairly generous portion of pulled pork but it was extremely dry and lacked flavor. She basted the pork with the BBQ sauce that came on the side. The french fries were soft and not all that tasty. Yes, the restaurant has a lot of charm, especially in the old tavern room, but the meals are simply not good enough for a return visit.