“Pleasant evening !”

My Old Kentucky Dinner Train
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: My Old Kentucky Dinner Train serves the Kentucky community to create a fine dining experience like no other. While aboard the beautifully restored 1940's dining cars, passengers experience a 2 1/2 hour journey throughout beautiful Kentucky countryside, passing through the Bernheim Forest over a wooden trestle bridge and by famous distilleries such as Four Roses and Jim Beam. Indulge in a gourmet, multi-course lunch or dinner prepared fresh on board by our renowned culinary team. Included in your ticket price is the excursion, meal, and all non-alcoholic beverages. We also have a full service bar on board. My Old Kentucky Dinner Train regularly schedules specialty excursions and has group pricing available for groups of all shapes and sizes. Have a group and don't see a date on the schedule that works for you? Give us a call to talk about opening up a new run.
Dickinson Center, New York
“Pleasant evening !”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The 2 & 1/2 hour train ride with a first class dinner was terrific. It's a bit pricey , but then think of the cost of diesel fuel , a full kitchen car and the crew needed to bring it all together. The food was excellent and our waitress "Dottie" was very good. The portions are BIG so everyone is sure to be pleased. We had to send some back !
Contrary to another review our food was moist and tender . The appetizer was good and we ordered the cheese and fruit tray. Our waitress brought our cocktails in a very timely manner. I had the chicken and my wife had the pork , and both were excellent. For us it was a once in a lifetime experience so we paid for a private table and weren't disappointed at all.
Only complaint was that it was crowded and therefore very noisy , but that's the people , not the crew!
We had the Choo-choo dessert (see photo) and if you're a chocoholic it's the way to go !!!
And they skimp on the gin in our gin & tonics for sure.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Michael W Y

Dallas, TX
“I'm on a train and it's got a lot of bourbon!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

this review is specific to the bourbon trip that Heaven Hill puts on to taste a lot of their bourbons. Aside from the dessert I believe the food is the same as the everyday trip and people are spot on about getting the prime rib, it was very tasty. We got to taste a ton of bourbon (very liberal with the pours) and you get to hear a lot about the history of bourbon and how to taste/drink bourbon. The train just goes out and back and you'll see some rickhouses along the way. aside from that there's not much to see but we were here for the bourbon. We were a group of 6 guys in our early 40s and we were the youngest folks on the train so it's definitely not a hip thing for the younger folks. I'd recommend this specific train trip for the bourbon tastings as there's not much else to do in Bardstown anyway. I wouldn't recommend going on it otherwise as there's not much to see on the train.

• Visited October 2013
“Best Mother's day ever!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Katherine Heavrin was our waitress. she made our visit exceptional. Her customer service is the best we have ever had. She's awesome.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank bethcorbitt
Louisville, Kentucky
“Dont waste your money”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My mom had been wanting to go to the dinner train for a number of years, this weekend we decided that we would spend the money to go. First of all we ordered our drinks now yes they do provide water already placed on the tables when you get to your seat but it took over an hour for us to go the tea which they did only have unsweet tea this is kentucky who doesnt have sweet tea, on top of that the appetizer that was provided was a open faced pastry with dried strawberries nuts and chocolate drizzle and was cold, was more of a dessert than an appetizer good thing that i payed extra for the meatballs which are ok but def not worth 2 dollars a piece. I ordered the pork and my mother ordered the chicken, both were so dry that even condiments such as ketchup would not even helped but then again i wouldnt know because that was not offered. Overall the food was an d- close to failing grade, and for the 120 bucks a piece it was down right a rip off. On the other hand the train ride which the website states that it takes you past burnheim forest and burbon trail did neither the only part of burbon trail that you saw was the old sites that needed to be tore down and there was no forest in view at all. so overall bad service horrible food outrageous and if it tells you how much we hated it we had to stop at fast food on the way home because our food was horrible. In no way shape or form would i ever recommend going to this attraction, unless they only charged 15 bucks a person and i could bring my own food, was very disappointed, even over heard the table behind me of 4 state that they cant believe that they payed almost 600 dollars for crap like this.

• Visited April 2014
8 Thank rcowles0001
Carrollton, Kentucky
“Stepping back into the past”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on the dinner train for our anniversary. We had been before with family and loved it, so we thought we would go again. We made our reservation about 2 weeks before our trip. At the time of the reservation, you pick what entree and salad that you would like to eat that night, as well as any specialties that you would like to add. The dress code is business casual. When you arrive at the depot, there is ample parking. There is a bar inside as well as a gift shop and tables to sit and talk while you wait. Once the boarding begins, everyone walks to their designated dining car. Unless you pay for a private table, you may be seated with another couple. The dining cars are still decorated as they were in the days of log ago. They are beautiful in dark woods and rich reds, with crisp white linen table cloths. The wait staff are very friendly and begin right away by taking your drink orders. You may purchase alcoholic beverages on the train as well. Your journey takes you through some of the most beautiful KY countryside, including behind one of the distilleries. During this time, you are served an appetizer, a salad, an entree, a dessert, and coffee, if you so desire. The entire trip harkens back to a time of simpler pleasures. It is definitely something worth doing! Remember though, it is up to you to tip your server!! This has not been added to your ticket price!

• Visited December 2013