“A special evening with the parents!”

My Old Kentucky Dinner Train
Ranked #8 of 79 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: My Old Kentucky Dinner Train serves the Kentucky community to create a fine dining experience like no other. While aboard the beautifully restored 1940's dining cars, passengers experience a 2 1/2 hour journey throughout beautiful Kentucky countryside, passing through the Bernheim Forest over a wooden trestle bridge and by famous distilleries such as Four Roses and Jim Beam. Indulge in a gourmet, multi-course lunch or dinner prepared fresh on board by our renowned culinary team. Included in your ticket price is the excursion, meal, and all non-alcoholic beverages. We also have a full service bar on board. My Old Kentucky Dinner Train regularly schedules specialty excursions and has group pricing available for groups of all shapes and sizes. Have a group and don't see a date on the schedule that works for you? Give us a call to talk about opening up a new run.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My parents are at that point of life that makes it impossible to buy things for them during the Holidays and special occasions.

As luck would have it, I purchased a gift certificate for them and they finally got around to using it about six months later. Luckily for me, I got to tag along. We decided on our entrees and picked a date

When I called for reservations, I was so impressed with their customer service folks. Very patient, helpful and kind. They were also very accommodating to my concerns about the spacing between tables as my dad has serious back troubles and has trouble climbing stairs, and sitting for periods of time. Kudos folks!

We arrived at the Depot about 20 minutes before boarding and had a chance to order a drink.

We boarded promptly on time and found our table. It was indeed very spacious and tastefully decorated.

The first course of cheese and crackers was awaiting us. Next came the salad moments after departure and then the main course. I opted for the vegetarian entree and it was fabulous!

After, we enjoyed a cup of coffee and a slice of Derby Pie.

The scenery was quite charming..however, I might recommend a summer excursion vs a winter excursion as it got dark fairly shortly after departure, thus most of our view was obscured. The train was equipped with spotlights but again, most of the scenery was limited to the scope of these lights.

All in all, we had a great time! Thanks again folks!

6  Thank StPatricksGirl79

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I purchased 2 My Old Kentucky Dinner Train tickets to surprise my wife for her birthday! It was a FANTASTIC experience!! The food, the ride, the service...the WHOLE EXPERIENCE was remarkable!! It is something I would love to do again sometime.

Don't get me wrong, the price was a bit steep, but all in all it was well worth it and I would not hestitate to do it again or recommend it to family/ friends (actually I already have).

5  Thank CruiseTraveler1021
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm a railfan and we just happened to wind up in Bardstown so didn't make advance reservations. We also were not dressed to the standards recommended so we don't know if they really had no room or were just turning us down because of our dress. I thought the cost to be a bit high even so. I don't know if we'll ever return specifically to ride the train.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Wonderful all train ride. The trees were beautiful. The staff was friendly and the food very good for a daytime ride with my son. I have not tried it at night.

1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed February 20, 2012

It was such a beautiful experience to ride the train and eat, hope to go back one day!! :-)