“Good Food For a Reasonable Price”

Stephen Foster Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a popular restaurant for Bardstown residents. We found the salad bar to be more than adequate and the hot foods were good. My husband and I really liked the soups. He had bean, and I had vegetable. We thought the price was very reasonable -- $7.19 for lunch (senior price) and that included a drink.
If you're looking for an upscale restaurant, I'd suggest going to one of the ones in the old town. However, if you want plain ol' home cooking and all you can eat of it, try the Stephen Foster Restaurant. I can imagine that there could be a long wait at times, but we went on a Monday, and we walked right in. It was obvious that the majority of the patrons were locals. They know where the good food is!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

There is a wide variety of food for young and old. However on 2 occasions some of the food has been cold. But we would return again. Good selection and not too bad on the prices.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this restaurant to be your typical buffet. I believed it to be a good place to eat as there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. The restaurant was, indeed, filled. The food was decent, but the piece of this restaurant I had issues with was the seating. It was a "choose your own seat" kind of place, so it was difficult to find a spot. Perhaps with later customers there was a method by which the staff assisted in finding a spot, but not with me.

As I mentioned, the food was fairly good. I had meatloaf, which was very moist--a difficult thing to do. I also had a coconut cream pie that had an odd taste.

1  Thank captkirk155
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Stephen Foster is a buffet with quite a variety of dishes and as near as I could tell all very tasty. We ate there a couple of times and there was some rotation of choices. The cooking is southern as seems to be the case in most of Bardstown eateries, and the price makes this an excellent choice.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Very good Buffet Dinner and very convenient in downtown area.