“Friendly Atmosphere and Great Food!”
Review of Kurtz Restaurant

Kurtz Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stopped to eat lunch at the Kurtz Restaurant during our trip on the Bourbon Trail. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, and the lunch selection had a little bit of everything. I had the spaghetti and a salad, and my husband had the chicken salad sandwich. Everything seemed homemade. It was delicious. Our waitress was very kind and did a fantastic job. Overall, we really enjoyed the Kurtz Restaurant!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff was extremely rude. They will not substitute, so you're stuck with whatever they give you, even if you're not going to eat it. If you want to purchase an additional side that you WILL eat, it's an additional charge of $3-$5. We accidentally spilled a glass of water on the cloth tablecloth. Our server promptly scooped up the ice and left us at the soaking wet table with no mention of moving to one of the several dry tables around us. Overall, the food tasted okay, but it did not make up for the lack of hospitality.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch after visiting a few distilleries. We enjoyed our food, the staff was nice. Decent selection of food, with an interesting environment. Worth a stop if you're looking for somewhere to eat in the area.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of a friend. It was okay, but nothing that changed my life. The dinner was a bit expensive for what it was. The beets were gross and come with every meal. The green beans were straight from the can. The Old Fashioned was delish, but not worth $7. Th service was fine, but again, not going to change your life. I with we would have stayed at Old Talbolts Tavern a few blocks down. A few dollars more but I think it would have been better.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I were on a weekend getaway for our 35th anniversary. Kurtz's was the place! The food was fantastic. The service was great. The turkey dinner and the cornbread were better than my own. We will be back soon.

1  Thank willyhu8442