“Hidden Gem”
Review of Kurtz Restaurant

Kurtz Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Arrived at 6pm on a Saturday evening. Got seated immediately. Very friendly personnel. Ordered the Prime Rib special for $18. Excellent! Melt in your mouth with wonderful flavor. Served with salad and side of green beans and beets. Also served signature cornbread pan muffins. These little guys were awesome. They were a little stingy with them however. They did give us more when ask for though. Was not however the best place for a quiet romantic dinner. Every word you said I think everyone in our room would hear. With dinner and a glass of wine each we spent about $60 not including tip.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We are sad to live so far from this restaurant.....we would be a frequent customer. We will have to be satisfied with the vacation visit up from Nashville from time to time for a great meal.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

My wife and I went here for dinner. We were there early and were seated quickly. I ordered the fried chicken and she just had a salad and chicken tenders appetizer. My chicken was very good and came with mashed potatos and beets as sides. We turned down the beets. They give you a basket that they call cornbread but I call spoon bread. It was delicious, with a sweet flavor. I considered this my dessert.

overall good, down-home cooking at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

My Mother and I visited this restaurant around 1:30 pm on a Thursday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to take my 87 year old Mother out for a lovely spring day. We were 2 of 8 people there for a late lunch. Upon arriving there was no handicapped button to open the door with. I struggled to push my Mother up an inclined parking lot to the door. Once we reached the door we then struggled trying to open the door to the Kurtz's. I was trying to open the door while keeping my Mother from rolling back down the incline. After finally getting in Kurtz's there was the hostess and a waitress standing there watching us without offering help. Once seated we order and was served a mediocre lunch that was way overpriced. Service was average. Before we left my Mother needed to use the restroom. As we approached the hostess just stood and told us we could move the chair out to the way in order to get in. I had to carry a chair out before my Mothers wheelchair would fit into the small room. Once in needless to say the restroom was not handicapped equipped and my Mother could not use it!! By this time I was very upset as I tried to move my Mother back out and replace the chair. While all this was going on the hostess again just stood and watched us. What customer service.
I just wonder how they would feel if this had been their Mother. I am very disappointed with the customer service!

Reviewed February 3, 2011

My son and I love Kurtz! We've lived in Bardstown for 7 years now. Other places have come and gone but Kurtz has always been here and will always because it's THAT GOOD.
My favorites for lunch - love LOVE the broccoli soup and corn bread. Their cheeseburger is amazing.
My favorite for dinner - The fried chicken of course! With mashed potatoes and milk gravy - incredible.
Every weekend they have a great special as well.

1  Thank Laurie H