“Wish I had read reviews first.”

Rincon Mexicano Restaurant & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After walking to Mammy's Kitchen, and being told they were closed to the public for a bridal shower, my daughter and I walked a few steps to this eatery. Normally at 6:00 in the evening, you'd expect a restaurant to be bustling. Nope. There were only two occupied tables in the whole place. Should have been a red flag. The guy was nice, I guess, but there was no redeeming the food. Of course, it wasn't the worst I've tasted, but you expect a dash of flavor here and there. Nothing. Beans were bland! The "mexican" rice has corn and peas in it-- seemed to me as if it came from a frozen mix. The sauce atop my enchilada might as well have been chunky red water, flavor-wise. I really wanted to like this place, because Mexican food is my absolute favorite, but I didn't. I paid the bill and left disappointed, sorry!

There are newer reviews for Rincon Mexicano Restaurant & Cantina

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant was completely awful. There was no flavor to the food, chips were stale, salsa had no flavor or spice. My wife ordered a top shelf large margarita and we were never told it looked like a fishbowl, more than twice the price of the menu, and had no alcohol in it. Service was good, and friendly, but not worth another visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Chips were stale, beans and rice were VERY bland, mole sauce was a disaster. Beef burrito was okay. Chicken enchilada was all tortilla and barely any meat. Wife's fajita had zero sizzle. Place was half full on Friday night.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ordered an entree that should have been served sizzeling but was a step above warm. Portions are ample, location and building is interesting. El Camino is a better bet.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Most Mexican restaurants in the U.S. (East Coast) have similar menus and preparation to each other and this place was no exception. We enjoyed it very much because that is exactly what we wanted when we chose to eat here. Service was fast and friendly. Menu is probably the same as what you could get at any casual Mexican place on the East Coast.