“Well labeled and grouped artifacts”

Old Bardstown Village Civil War Museum
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Bardstown
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Things were well lit and organized. People at the desk were friendly and helpful. Even though it was rather cold outside, we walked through the village and got a good feel for the time.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I thought this museum would be a quick in and out,but after spending a couple of hours in here,I can say that I was wrong.I had no idea that this tiny hamlet of Bardstown,KY held the 4th largest museum of Civil war artifacts. It is utterly fascinating and very much worth the price of admission!

3  Thank Kejola1969
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I enjoyed walking thru the village and looking in the cabins that were set up with furnishings that would have been for that era.
The Civil War Museum was very interesting too. Lots of memorabilia in glass cases.

1  Thank ldelano
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The regular Civil War Museum interested me with a good amount of quality artifacts and displays. They have the displays on a timeline so you can follow the events and read short summaries of each significant battle. One reviewer said some AV might have helped somewaht but this is a small town operation.

My wife enjoyed the Womens CW Museum and would have liked to spend more time there. The pioneer village was do it yourself so you may not get as much out of it but it is outside and the kids can stretch their feet.. The wildlife museum is for kids who want to see two rooms of stuffed animals but adults can skip it. There was another museum on the other wars of America uop the hill by the womens Museum but we weren't told about it by the manager; my wife "found" it and I never got to see it due to time constraints.

I think the price is right for doing the package ($8.50) and it is a good place to let the kids get out of the car and burn some energy if your doing more adult type stops on the Bourbon trail.

1  Thank ibresqone
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We started with a picnic in the village beside a beautiful creek. We toured the out buildings of the pioneer village. No matter how many sites we visit we always learn something new. Just was the case with this site. Information on the Bean Family was intriguing.
We then went to the civil war museum. The artifacts were amazing to see. I could have spent hours there looking and reading.
Only disappointment was no mention of confederate civil war guerilla, Champ Ferguson. Hailed a hero and a murder in the south. This omitted him, it was as if he didn't exist. Mention of Morgan and his raiders with out a mention of Champ- is simply a "war crime".
May be back- there was so much more to see.