“Outstanding food and atmosphere”
Review of Circa Restaurant - CLOSED

Circa Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for dinner at Circa after reading about it on trip advisor. We ordered the chicken and waffles and spring rolls as appetizers. Both were fantastic,especially the chicken and waffles. The combination of mint jelly and gravy with them was unexpected and absolutely delicious. He ordered the short ribs and I had the seaboard plate. The portions were generous and both meals were exceptional. They have a good wine, beer and bourbon selection, but I was disappointed they didn't have any flights or specialty cocktails. The atmosphere is what really made this a special experience. The cozy interior and decor made for a unique dining experience. A word of warning, though: the tables are close together in small rooms, so there is not much privacy. That can dampen the experience if you have loud people next to you as we did. However, the overall experience at circa was fantastic.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Circa is a truly fine dining restaurant in Bardstown run by the owners Bill and Donna Ellis. Located in an old home that has been elegantly redone, all of the paintings/artwork were done by Donna Ellis. The dining room is warm and upscale with comfy, cushioned high-back chairs and large tables with crisp tablecloths. We had a fabulous dinner! The owners are actually the chef and the hostess/waitress assuring each guest have a wonderful dining experience. We each had the Seafood Board which had a delicious and beautifully presented variety of seafoods (with a bourbon touch, too.) The chocolate Torte was delicious! The Circa can easily compete with the four and even five star restaurants. They are also open for lunch. We recommend it for a romantic or special occasion restaurant for dinner or lunch.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent menu, plating and taste! Wonderful restaurant right in the middle of Bardstown. Might seem spending for some, but not if you're used to eating in large cities. The quality was excellent. The fried green tomatoes with their grown right outside basil is wonderful! chicken & waffles were good, but nowhere near the quality of the bourbon boneless shortribs and the rabbit entrees! The shortribs just melted in your mouth with a bourbon sauce that i wanted to pick the plate up and lick! The bourbon chocolate torte for dessert is to be shared....realllllllly rich, but the perfect finale to a great dinner. Wine list is limited, but bourbon list is excellent....what else would you expect in bourbon country!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We love it here. The food is always delicious, and the service is great (not too much/not too little). We had a caprese/fried green tomato appetizer that was to die for. My dad said that his pork chop was the best he's ever had. That's saying something, at age 65! I look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Love, love, love this place! My husband and I found Circa on Tripadvisor and all the great reviews are right on. The ambiance, presentation and selection was spectacular. My husband and I ordered a few appetizers and an entree to share. The lamb meatballs were by far the stand-out dish, but everything we ordered was just delicious. Staying in a small town like Bardstown we didn't expect much more than a good pizza joint...we never imagined we would find such a gem.

1  Thank Tuto